Premiere: Memory Map – “The Celebrated Summer”
The Sky as Well as Space Due Out June 10 on Joyful Noise
It’s been three years since we’ve heard from the Bloomington, Indiana four-piece, Memory Map. The band’s 2011 debut, Holiday Band, showcased a unique three guitar indie-pop sound that was never short of a rockin’ riff or a buoyant melody. Finally the boys are back, with a new album entitled The Sky As Well As Space, which will be released on June 10. The first track, below, is all of what Memory Map does best, skittering guitar, strong vocal hook, and just a bit of instrumental shape-shifting to keep things interesting. And the song title’s nod to Hüsker Dü doesn’t hurt either. Click it once and you’ll click it twice. “The Celebrated Summer” sticks in your head.
- Check Out Photos of Amason in Oslo, Norway (News) — Amason
- Premiere: Conor Patrick & The Shooting Tsar Orchestra Playlist (News) — Conor Patrick & The Shooting Tsar Orchestra, Trondheim Calling 2015
- Check out Photos of Low in Tel Aviv, Israel (News) — Low
- Savages at Baby’s All Right, New York, New York (Review) — Savages
- Watch: Death Cab for Cutie on “Letterman” (News) — Death Cab for Cutie