Premiere: Memory Map – “The Celebrated Summer”
The Sky as Well as Space Due Out June 10 on Joyful Noise
It’s been three years since we’ve heard from the Bloomington, Indiana four-piece, Memory Map. The band’s 2011 debut, Holiday Band, showcased a unique three guitar indie-pop sound that was never short of a rockin’ riff or a buoyant melody. Finally the boys are back, with a new album entitled The Sky As Well As Space, which will be released on June 10. The first track, below, is all of what Memory Map does best, skittering guitar, strong vocal hook, and just a bit of instrumental shape-shifting to keep things interesting. And the song title’s nod to Hüsker Dü doesn’t hurt either. Click it once and you’ll click it twice. “The Celebrated Summer” sticks in your head.
- Listen: James Blake - “Modern Soul” (News) — James Blake
- Pulp’s Jarvis Cocker to Score “Likely Stories” TV Series Based on Neil Gaiman Short Stories (News) — Jarvis Cocker, Neil Gaiman
- Justin Vernon Is Working on New Bon Iver Music, Announces Eaux Claires Festival Line-up (News) — Bon Iver, Beach House, James Blake, The National, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Jenny Lewis, Vince Staples, Jon Hopkins, My Brightest Diamond, Phosphorescent
- 2015 Artist Survey: Natalie Prass (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Natalie Prass
- Watch: Black Mountain - “Mothers of the Sun” Video (News) — Black Mountain