Premiere: Memory Map – “The Celebrated Summer”
The Sky as Well as Space Due Out June 10 on Joyful Noise
It’s been three years since we’ve heard from the Bloomington, Indiana four-piece, Memory Map. The band’s 2011 debut, Holiday Band, showcased a unique three guitar indie-pop sound that was never short of a rockin’ riff or a buoyant melody. Finally the boys are back, with a new album entitled The Sky As Well As Space, which will be released on June 10. The first track, below, is all of what Memory Map does best, skittering guitar, strong vocal hook, and just a bit of instrumental shape-shifting to keep things interesting. And the song title’s nod to Hüsker Dü doesn’t hurt either. Click it once and you’ll click it twice. “The Celebrated Summer” sticks in your head.
- Check Out Photos of Laura Marling in Oslo, Norway (News) — Laura Marling
- Bill Murray and Sofia Coppola Reteam for Christmas Special with Jenny Lewis, Phoenix, and More (News) — Bill Murray, Jenny Lewis, Phoenix
- Watch: Full “Game of Thrones: The Musical” Featuring Coldplay, Game of Thrones Cast, and Liam Neeson (News) — Coldplay, Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage
- Listen: The Cure’s Robert Smith Covers The Twilight Sad’s “There’s a Girl in the Corner” (News) — The Cure, The Twilight Sad
- Check Out Photos of San Fermin at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (News) — San Fermin