Premiere: Memory Map – “The Celebrated Summer”
The Sky as Well as Space Due Out June 10 on Joyful Noise
It’s been three years since we’ve heard from the Bloomington, Indiana four-piece, Memory Map. The band’s 2011 debut, Holiday Band, showcased a unique three guitar indie-pop sound that was never short of a rockin’ riff or a buoyant melody. Finally the boys are back, with a new album entitled The Sky As Well As Space, which will be released on June 10. The first track, below, is all of what Memory Map does best, skittering guitar, strong vocal hook, and just a bit of instrumental shape-shifting to keep things interesting. And the song title’s nod to Hüsker Dü doesn’t hurt either. Click it once and you’ll click it twice. “The Celebrated Summer” sticks in your head.
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz
- Listen: Broken Social Scene – “Golden Facelift” (News) — Broken Social Scene