Premiere: Memory Map – “The Celebrated Summer”
The Sky as Well as Space Due Out June 10 on Joyful Noise
It’s been three years since we’ve heard from the Bloomington, Indiana four-piece, Memory Map. The band’s 2011 debut, Holiday Band, showcased a unique three guitar indie-pop sound that was never short of a rockin’ riff or a buoyant melody. Finally the boys are back, with a new album entitled The Sky As Well As Space, which will be released on June 10. The first track, below, is all of what Memory Map does best, skittering guitar, strong vocal hook, and just a bit of instrumental shape-shifting to keep things interesting. And the song title’s nod to Hüsker Dü doesn’t hurt either. Click it once and you’ll click it twice. “The Celebrated Summer” sticks in your head.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce “No Cities To Love,” First Album In a Decade (News) — Sleater-Kinney
- Track-by-Track: EMA on “The Future’s Void” (Interview) — EMA
- Stream The Flaming Lips’ Cover Album of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” (News) — The Flaming Lips
- Watch: Pond - “Elvis’ Flaming Star” Video; New Album Announced (News) — Pond
- Watch: FKA twigs Short Film “#throughglass” (News) — FKA twigs