Premiere: Watch: Sallie Ford: “Coulda Been” Live in-Studio Video
New In-Studio Recording with Her New Band
Over the course of three albums and an EP, Sallie Ford has established herself as a force to be reckoned with, a bitchin' rock 'n' roller with a rockabilly blues bent, a singer more apt to excoriate an ex than pine for lost love. To borrow a song title from her 2013 Summer EP, "Fuck that." Sallie Ford was never one to take any shit.
For her forthcoming album, Slap Back, Ford has split from her backing band, The Sound Outside, which graced her previous efforts, and formed an all-girl group comprised of bassist Anita Lee Elliott (Viva Voce, Blue Giant), drummer Amanda Spring (Point Juncture, WA), and keyboardist Cristina Cano (Albatross, Siren & the Sea). The result is a more balls out (excuse the phrase) rock album, exemplified by the album's first single, "Coulda Been." The track perfectly exemplifies all that is Sallie Ford-vocal attitude and guitar kick, with vicious drumming, spacey keyboards, and a "Cannonball"-esque bassline to boot.
Watch Ford and her new bandmates tear through the track live in the studio, below. And go get Slap Back, out on Vanguard October 14.
- Jens Lekman Shares New Song, “Your Laugh,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Jens Lekman, Our First 100 Days
- Saint Etienne Announce First U.S. Tour Dates in Five Years (News) — Saint Etienne
- Lana Del Rey Announces New Album, Shares Ghostly Album Trailer (News) — Lana Del Rey
- Silver Eye (Review) — Goldfrapp
- Undertow (Review) — Wolf Eyes