Premiere: The Garment District – “Secondhand Sunburn” Video
If You Take Your Magic Slow Out Today on Night People
Multi-instrumentalist Jennifer Baron records under the moniker The Garment District. Her freshly released full-length debut, If You Take Your Magic Slow, flits agilely between San Franciscan AM pop, fuzzy sci-fi soundscapes and New Age-leaning placidity.
The LP's lead single, "Secondhand Sunburn," a bucolic psych nugget featuring lead vocals from Lucy Blehar, just about condenses all of these directions into one song. The accompanying video, helmed by artist Thad Kellstadt, similarly takes us through varying eras, geographies, and dimensions in the span of a three-minute head-trip.
- Feist Might Be Releasing a New Album in April and Singing on a New Broken Social Scene Album (News) — Broken Social Scene, Feist
- Watch Ryan Adams Cover Bruce Springsteen’s “Streets of Philadelphia” for BBC Radio 6 Music (News) — Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams
- Watch: Jay Som - “Baybee” Video (News) — Jay Som
- Listen: White Reaper - “The World’s Best American Band” (News) — White Reaper
- 2016 Artist Survey: Greta Morgan of Springtime Carnivore (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Springtime Carnivore, Katy Goodman & Greta Morgan