R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Stream alt-J’s New Album, “This Is All Yours” (News) — alt-J
- Space Station 76 (Review) —
- The War on Drugs vs. Sharon Van Etten (Interview) — Sharon Van Etten, The War on Drugs
- Flake Music, James Mercer’s Early Band, To Reissue “When You Land Here, It’s Time To Return” (News) — The Shins
- Watch: Christopher Owens - “Never Wanna See That Look Again” Video (News) — Christopher Owens