R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Under the Radar’s SXSW 2015 Events to Feature of Montreal, Mew, Torres, San Fermin, and Many More (News) — sxsw2015party, Amason, East India Youth, Matthew E. White, Mew, of Montreal, Torres, Talk in Tongues, Pompeii, Dinner, Boxed In, Jacco Gardner, Springtime Carnivore, San Fermin, SOAK
- Fellini Satyricon (Review) —
- East India Youth (Interview) — East India Youth
- Listen: Sun Kil Moon - “Ali/Spinks 2” (News) — Sun Kil Moon
- Wild Canaries’ Lawrence Michael Levine and Sophia Takal (Interview) — Sophia Takal, Lawrence Michael Levine