R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Watch: Ramona Lisa – “Dominic” (News) — Ramona Lisa
- David Bowie To Release “Diamond Dogs” as a Picture Disc (News) — David Bowie
- Watch: Dum Dum Girls - Rimbaud Eyes (News) — Dum Dum Girls
- St. Vincent Adds Tour Dates (News) — St. Vincent
- Listen: The Horrors Cover Frankie Knuckles’ “Your Love” (News) — The Horrors