R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Watch: Real Estate – “Had To Hear” Video (News) — Real Estate
- Foxygen Announce New Album “Foxygen…And Star Power” (News) — Foxygen
- Dum Dum Girls Announce North American Tour Dates (News) — Dum Dum Girls
- Watch: Jessie Ware – “Champagne Kisses (Live in Poland)” (News) — Jessie Ware
- Pleased to Meet You Spotlight: Coves (Interview) — Coves