R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- R.I.P. Surfer Blood Guitarist Thomas Fekete (News) — Thomas Fekete, Surfer Blood
- Watch Courtney Barnett Cover Grateful Dead’s “New Speedway Boogie” on “The Tonight Show” (News) — Courtney Barnett, Grateful Dead
- Slow Club Announce New Matthew E. White-Produced Album, Share “Ancient Rolling Sea” Video (News) — Matthew E. White, Slow Club
- Premiere: Ranch Ghost – “Ragged Mile” (News) — Ranch Ghost
- Tegan and Sara Share Remixes of “Boyfriend” by Shura and Three Others (News) — Shura, Tegan and Sara