R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Watch: The Drums – “Magic Mountain” Video (News) — The Drums
- Listen: How To Dress Well – “Let U Know” (News) — How to Dress Well
- Fat White Family Announces First Ever U.S. Tour (News) — Fat White Family
- Watch: Chelsea Wolfe – “The Waves Have Come” Video (News) — Chelsea Wolfe
- Throwback Thursday: Grizzly Bear Interview from 2006 (Interview) — Grizzly Bear