R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- TV on the Radio Detail New Album, “Seeds,” Share New Track, “Happy Idiot” (News) — TV on the Radio
- Scotland Week: Watch: The Phantom Band’s Bizarre and Silly “Clapshot” Video (News) — The Phantom Band
- Wilco Announces Rarities Box Set, Best Of Comp, Fall Tour (News) — Wilco, Tweedy
- Scotland Week: God Help the Girl’s Olly Alexander (Interview) — Olly Alexander, Scotland Week
- Listen: Foxygen - “Cosmic Vibrations” (News) — Foxygen