R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind the Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “Whiteout Conditions” (News) — The New Pornographers
- SXSW 2017: Washing Ashore in a Sea of Songs (Review) — SXSW
- London Grammar Announce New Album, Share Title Track “Truth Is a Beautiful Thing” (News) — London Grammar