R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- The War on Drugs Share 11-Minute New Song – “Thinking of a Place” (News) — The War on Drugs
- Fargo (Season 3, Episode 1: “The Law of Vacant Places” Recap and Review) (Review) — Ewan McGregor
- Shout Out Louds Share Video for New Song, “Oh Oh,” and Announce Tour Dates (News) — Shout Out Louds
- Jonathan Rado Shares “Surgeonman” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Foxygen, Jonathan Rado, Our First 100 Days
- Blondie Share New B-Side – “The Breaks” (News) — Blondie