R.I.P. Davy Jones
Monkees’ Member Davy Jones Dead at 66
Monkees member Davy Jones died today of a heart attack in his Florida home. He was 66.
From 1965 through 1971 Jones was a member of The Monkees—a band fabricated for the surrealist program of the same name. The bandmates went on to star in Head, a stream of conscience-style film penned by Jack Nicholson.
In recent years, Jones has been seen on Broadway. He also penned three books about life as a Monkee, including Davy Jones: Daydream Believin' in 2000.
Our thoughts go out to Jones’ family, friends, and fans.
- Blood Orange Releases New Album Early, Shares “Augustine” Video (News) — Blood Orange
- Watch Tegan and Sara Be Interviewed by Charlie Rose and Perform on His Show (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Watch: The Strokes - “Threat of Joy” Video (News) — The Strokes
- Back in the Day (Review) —
- The Stone Roses at Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England, Friday June 17, 2016 (Review) — The Stone Roses, The Coral, Public Enemy