Scottish Band The Yummy Fur Looks Set to Reunite
U.K. and U.S. Dates in the Works for Next January
"I liked Yummy Fur... a lot," Michael Stipe confessed on MTV right after the kick-off of R.E.M.'s Monster tour in Australia in 1995 after catching the Glasgow band at the Big Day Out festival. That was perhaps the band's greatest claim to fame until years later, when shortly after the band's demise ex-members Alex Kapranos and Paul Thompson formed Franz Ferdinand, while frontman John McKeown later went on to helm 1990s. Tangential digressions aside, this band was great, incorporating all the best and messiest bits of Swell Maps, The Fall, and Television Personalities into gloriously roughshod melodic vignettes.
Now, the band have reformed to coincide with a release of a 'best-of' on NYC's What's Your Rupture? label as reported on NME. Tracklisting has yet to be confirmed, but these dates have.
Jan 14 Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Neck Tie (England Belongs to Twee)
Jan 15 Brooklyn, NY - 171 Lombardy
Jan 17 Los Angeles, CA - The Echo (Part Time Punks)
Jan 18 San Francisco, CA - Cafe du Nord
Jan 20 Portland, OR - TBA (Suicide Club)
- Beach House Share Three New Songs From New Album via Their Single Finder (News) — Beach House
- Listen: Jessie Ware Covers “Cinderella” Song “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (News) — Jessie Ware
- Field Music Announce New Album and U.S. Tour Dates, Share “The Noisy Days Are Over” (News) — Field Music
- Watch Natalie Prass Cover Slayer’s “Raining Blood” (News) — Natalie Prass
- Watch Cool New Animated Trailer for “The X-Files” Miniseries (News) — David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, The X-Files