Scottish Band The Yummy Fur Looks Set to Reunite
U.K. and U.S. Dates in the Works for Next January
"I liked Yummy Fur... a lot," Michael Stipe confessed on MTV right after the kick-off of R.E.M.'s Monster tour in Australia in 1995 after catching the Glasgow band at the Big Day Out festival. That was perhaps the band's greatest claim to fame until years later, when shortly after the band's demise ex-members Alex Kapranos and Paul Thompson formed Franz Ferdinand, while frontman John McKeown later went on to helm 1990s. Tangential digressions aside, this band was great, incorporating all the best and messiest bits of Swell Maps, The Fall, and Television Personalities into gloriously roughshod melodic vignettes.
Now, the band have reformed to coincide with a release of a 'best-of' on NYC's What's Your Rupture? label as reported on NME. Tracklisting has yet to be confirmed, but these dates have.
Jan 14 Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Neck Tie (England Belongs to Twee)
Jan 15 Brooklyn, NY - 171 Lombardy
Jan 17 Los Angeles, CA - The Echo (Part Time Punks)
Jan 18 San Francisco, CA - Cafe du Nord
Jan 20 Portland, OR - TBA (Suicide Club)
- Stop by Under the Radar’s Co-Sponsored OFF:Larm Party (News) — By:Larm 2015
- Premiere: Tellef Raabe Mixtape (by:Larm Edition) (News) — By:Larm 2015, mixtapes, Tellef Raabe
- Watch: Stars - “Trap Door Video” (News) — Stars
- Watch: Latest Action-Packed “Avengers: Age of Ultron” Trailer (News) — Marvel
- Listen: Joanna Gruesome - “Honestly Do Yr Worst” (News) —