Sonic Youth Dissed by a 13-Year-Old
Everyone’s a Critic
In the movie Juno, the sixteen-year-old protagonist expressed her distaste for Sonic Youth, announcing to her music-loving elder, “I bought another Sonic Youth CD and it's just noise!”
Turns out the band isn’t so popular with the 13-year-old set either. Today the band posted a hilarious piece of hate mail from a young non-fan. Bon Mots include, “You are worse than Rebecca Black,” and “I couldn't sound worse if I tried.” Read the entire screed below. Ahh…out of the mouth of babes.
I'm going to be 100% honest with you.
I'm 13. I have a little band. We are so much better than you. Honestly. You are the worst band I have ever seen in your entire life. You are worse than Rebecca Black. The bass player just hacks the bass and plays one chord. The guitar players are playing out of tune guitars and... well not even playing actually chords. I couldn't sound worse if I tried. It actually sounds like a joke to me. The drummer is okay. But honestly the vocalist is completely out of tune. Oh and The Black keys have two people and are better than you.
From: Me, and pretty much everyone else who has accidentally stumbled upon your terrible music.
- The Shins Share Strange and Creepy New Teaser Video Timed to Halloween (News) — The Shins
- Premiere: Paul Corley Mixtape (Iceland Airwaves Edition) (News) — Iceland Airwaves 2016, mixtapes, Paul Corley
- Listen: Ted Leo Shares New Politically-Charged Anti-Trump Song “In the Mean Times” (News) — Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
- Frankie Cosmos Announces Covers Cassette Tape, Shares Cover of Krill’s “Fresh Pond” (News) — Frankie Cosmos
- Listen: Yeasayer - “Loan Shark Blues” (News) — Yeasayer