Sufjan Stevens Releases New All Delighted People EP Right Now
Available Now Digitally for a Mere $5 Via Sufjan's Bandcamp Site
Sufjan Stevens probably won't live long enough to release his glacially paced "50 States" project, but beyond that he's been pretty damn prolific, scoring a symphonic ode to the BQE in 2007, released in album form as The BQE in 2009, while guesting on sundry artists' albums, including The National's High Violet. And now, seemingly out of nowhere, Stevens has digitally released the eight-song EP, All Delighted People, via Asthmatic Kitty. Weighing in at a hefty 60 minutes, the record is said to be structured thematically around the title-track, according to Asthmatic Kitty's site, an "epic ballad," which is featured in both its original form and a "classic rock version." You can buy the digital version now via Stevens' bandcamp page for $5, or wait for the physical version, which Asthmatic Kitty is hoping to have available sometime in December. We have a full stream of the record, along with the tracklisting below. Plus Stevens has recently announced some new tour dates, which you can check out here.
All Delighted People:
1. All Delighted People (Original Version)
2. Enchanting Ghost
4. From the Mouth of Gabriel
5. The Owl and the Tanager
6. All Delighted People (Classic Rock Version)
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band