First Photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman Revealed at Comic-Con
Plus Watch New Arrow and The Flash Trailers
At the Warner Bros. panel at the San Diego Comic-Con today the first photo of Israeli-born actress Gal Gadot in costume as Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice was revealed. Director Zack Snyder also posted the photo to his Twitter account.
Wonder Woman's costume is more militaristic and Greek warrior inspired than the iconic stars and stripes bathing suit-esque outfit that Lynda Carter wore in the beloved 1970s Wonder Woman TV series but it befits the dark tone that has already been established in DC's cinematic universe with Man of Steel (which this is a follow up to). And while it also may not look like the costume Wonder Woman currently wears in the comics, she has worn something similar before in DC's pages.
A teaser trailer for Batman V Superman was also shown at Comic-Con, but it hasn't been officially released online as of yet. It reportedly featured Batman (Ben Affleck) in an armored costume inspired by The Dark Knight Returns on a rooftop in the rain as he shines the bat signal on Superman (Henry Cavill), who's floating high above. Superman's eyes then go heat vision red.
Batman V Superman is due out May 6, 2016. Plans are for a Justice League film to follow, also to be directed by Snyder and to also be scripted Argo scribe by Chris Terrio.
It was hoped that at the Warner Bros. panel a larger slate of DC Comics films would be announced, to rival Marvel's, but this did not happen.
In other DC live action news, trailers for season three of Arrow and season one of The Flash, both to air on the CW this fall, were released at Comic-Con. Check them out below.
- First Photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman Revealed at Comic-Con (News) — Comic-Con, DC Comics, DC Universe
- Like Someone in Love Blu-ray/DVD (Review) —
- Watch: New Walking Dead Trailer for Season 5 Released at Comic-Con (News) — The Walking Dead
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring SBTRKT, Jessie Ware, Twin Peaks, BANKS, and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, SBTRKT, Twin Peaks, Jessie Ware, The Weeknd, Ballet School, BANKS, Devendra Banhart, Esben and the Witch, Ex Cops, Liars, How to Dress Well, Halls, Gap Dream, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, TOPS, The Rentals, Dissolve
- New Image of Ben Affleck as Batman Unveiled at Comic-Con, + Nick Cage Superman Movie Doc Trailer (News) —