The Artist Formerly Known As Bright Eyes Announces One Last Album Under The Moniker
Other Connor Oberst Project “Monsters of Folk” Debut Album Out September 22nd.
In an apparent move to separate himself from his wunderkind past, Conor Oberst announced that he’ll be retiring the Bright Eyes name after one last disc—due in the early part of 2010. As reported by Pitchfork, Oberst discussed the matter with Rolling Stone, saying in regards to the name-change, “I'd like to clean it up, lock the door, say goodbye.” Saddle Creek president Robb Hansel also confirmed this to the Omaha World-Herald.
But before that happens, Oberst is busying making music under yet a different name—Monsters of Folk, a supergroup featuring Oberst, M. Ward, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, and producer Mike Mogis.Their debut album will be released September 22nd. First single, "Say Please" is out now.
- HAIM Announce New Album, Share Paul Thomas Anderson-Directed Video for “Right Now” (News) — HAIM, Paul Thomas Anderson
- Childhood Announce New Album, Share “California Light” Video (News) — Childhood
- Mac DeMarco Shares “One More Love Song,” Plus Fan Fiction Contest and Marc Maron Interview (News) — Mac DeMarco, Marc Maron
- Patreon Exclusive: Previously Unseen Photos of St. Vincent from 2007 and 2008 (News) — St. Vincent
- Jay Som Shares New Song “Turn the Other Cheek” for Anti-Donald Trump “Our First 100 Days” (News) — Jay Som, Our First 100 Days