The Drums – Under the Radar’s SXSW Party Spotlight
Under the Radar's SXSW Parties Kick Off March 14 at Flamingo Cantina
On March 14 Under the Radar will host the first of three free SXSW Day parties sponsored by PRS Guitars. Leading up to the event we're letting you know about each artist playing. Today we're spotlighting day one headliner, The Drums.
In a previous post we gave you the basic party details of the party: The party happens from 12:00-6:00 PM at the Flamingo Cantina at 6th and Red River (515 E. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701). All events are free and open to the public—no RSVPs or badges are required. The first day also features performances from Body Language, Niki & The Dove, Reggie Watts, Hooray for Earth, Trust, and The Love Language. Come early for free beer courtesy of Sapporo USA (while supplies last). Other sponsors include Dorado Music Packaging and Motormouthmedia.
The Drums pair deceptively sunny surf melodies with dark lyrics—pontificating on the meaning of life and death. You know, the usual pop fair. Check out previous chats with the band here and here, our take on their debut full-length here, or indulge in a variety of Drums-related videos and tracks below.
- Listen: New Versions of CHVRCHES’ “The Mother We Share,” “Recover,” and “Gun” (News) — CHVRCHES
- Listen: Django Django Cover The Monkees and Chad Valley Covers Frankie Knuckles (News) — Django Django, Chad Valley, Cloud Control, Bleeding Rainbow
- Listen: Twin Shadow - “To the Top” (News) — Twin Shadow
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross to Score David Fincher’s “Gone Girl” (News) — Trent Reznor
- Watch: MGMT on “Conan” (News) — MGMT