The Flaming Lips Announce New Year’s Freakout #5
Ringing in 2012 With Yoko Ono
On Black Friday last week The Flaming Lips announced that they will once again be honoring their annual New Year's Eve celebration with their New Year's Freakout #5 on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, 2012 at the Bricktown Events Center in Oklahoma City. In addition to the band's usual bag of confetti, balloons, and weird tricks, the shows are set to feature Yoko Ono and her Plastic Ono Band. Each show is priced at $100 per night or at the special package price of $150 for both nights. Tickets still seem to be on sale if you know you'll be in the city on either one of those days. Frontman Wayne Coyne personally suggests using TicketStorm so as not to get ripped off by scalpers.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern, Daniel Clowes & Craig Johnson on ‘Wilson’ (Interview) — Woody Harrelson
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days