The Flaming Lips Announce New Year’s Freakout #5
Ringing in 2012 With Yoko Ono
On Black Friday last week The Flaming Lips announced that they will once again be honoring their annual New Year's Eve celebration with their New Year's Freakout #5 on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, 2012 at the Bricktown Events Center in Oklahoma City. In addition to the band's usual bag of confetti, balloons, and weird tricks, the shows are set to feature Yoko Ono and her Plastic Ono Band. Each show is priced at $100 per night or at the special package price of $150 for both nights. Tickets still seem to be on sale if you know you'll be in the city on either one of those days. Frontman Wayne Coyne personally suggests using TicketStorm so as not to get ripped off by scalpers.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf