The Flaming Lips’ Blood Vinyls On Sale
10 Copies, $2500 Each
Always looking for the next weird thing to do in the realm of musical distribution The Flaming Lips recently pressed a limited number of vinyl copies of their collaborative Record Store Day album Heady Fwends with actual samples of blood from the album's contributors, including Chris Martin, Ke$ha, Nick Cave, Erykah Badu, and others. Lips frontman Wayne Coyne has now apparently tweeted photographs of the injected 10 copies and announced that they will be available for purchase for $2500 each. If you feel so inclined you can watch clips of the assembly process.
- Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister Announce Album, Share Video (News) — Bryce Dessner, James McAlister, Nico Muhly, Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister, Sufjan Stevens
- Whitney Announce 12-Inch, Share Covers of Songs by Dolly Parton and Lion (News) — Whitney, Dolly Parton, Lion
- Multiple Maniacs (Review) — John Waters
- Premiere: The Proper Ornaments Cover The Jesus and Mary Chain’s “Deep One Perfect Morning” (News) — The Proper Ornaments
- Phoenix Announce World Tour, The Lemon Twigs and Whitney to Support Select Dates (News) — Phoenix, Whitney, The Lemon Twigs