The Flaming Lips’ Blood Vinyls On Sale
10 Copies, $2500 Each
Always looking for the next weird thing to do in the realm of musical distribution The Flaming Lips recently pressed a limited number of vinyl copies of their collaborative Record Store Day album Heady Fwends with actual samples of blood from the album's contributors, including Chris Martin, Ke$ha, Nick Cave, Erykah Badu, and others. Lips frontman Wayne Coyne has now apparently tweeted photographs of the injected 10 copies and announced that they will be available for purchase for $2500 each. If you feel so inclined you can watch clips of the assembly process.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf