Do they know it's Halloween?
The Flaming Lips Create More Gummy Anatomy
Don’t Eat it in One Sitting!
Oh good, it’s almost Halloween and The Flaming Lips are discussing their weird projects! Or is that just a normal Friday?
Today lead Lip Wayne Coyne told Pitchfork they’ve a project slated to come inside a "skull that has an actual vaginal fucking thing stuck to the back of it-- you have to reach into it to get the USB."
He also mentioned that their current project—a song housed inside a USB drive inside a gummy skull probably shouldn’t be eaten in one sitting. "The gummy skull is actually 9,000 calories if you eat it all in one sitting,” says Coyne. "It's a lot of fucking gummy. It's not meant to be eaten by one person.” Sheesh, rockstars, such joy kills!
Of course, there’s also a slew of (slightly) less weird projects in the works for the lips, including collaborations with Death Cab for Cutie (and Stars, and probably your band if you wait long enough), and a 24-hour song set to stream here on Halloween night. (Or if you're feeling flush, you can buy one of the limited editon skulls for a mere $5000.)
- HAIM Announce New Album, Share Paul Thomas Anderson-Directed Video for “Right Now” (News) — HAIM, Paul Thomas Anderson
- Childhood Announce New Album, Share “California Light” Video (News) — Childhood
- Mac DeMarco Shares “One More Love Song,” Plus Fan Fiction Contest and Marc Maron Interview (News) — Mac DeMarco, Marc Maron
- Patreon Exclusive: Previously Unseen Photos of St. Vincent from 2007 and 2008 (News) — St. Vincent
- Jay Som Shares New Song “Turn the Other Cheek” for Anti-Donald Trump “Our First 100 Days” (News) — Jay Som, Our First 100 Days