The Flaming Lips Recording Covers From The Stone Roses’ Debut LP
Full Record In the Works
Ever the busy bees, The Flaming Lips have been dropping hints of late that the band might be working on a cover album of The Stone Roses' entire 1988 debut album. According to The Future Heart (and confirmed by the band's publicist) Wayne Coyne and fwends are indeed recording their own special take on the classic album, following similiar attempts on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. Coyne himself and members involved in the project (including New Fumes, Stardeath, and possibly Poliça's Channy) have been posting a series of tweets updating their progress, confirming work on three songs so far, including "Waterfall," "Bye Bye Badman," and "She Bangs the Drums." Down below you can watch a behind-the-scenes clip from the sessions. Stay tuned for more details as they come about.
- Listen: HAERTS - “All the Days” (News) — HAERTS
- Youth Lagoon Announces Summer Tour Dates (News) — Youth Lagoon
- Watch: Charli XCX - “Take My Hand” Video (News) — Charli XCX
- Watch/Listen: Boards of Canada - “Reach for the Dead” Video (News) — Boards of Canada
- Once I Was An Eagle (Review) — Laura Marling