The Flaming Lips Recording Covers From The Stone Roses’ Debut LP
Full Record In the Works
Ever the busy bees, The Flaming Lips have been dropping hints of late that the band might be working on a cover album of The Stone Roses' entire 1988 debut album. According to The Future Heart (and confirmed by the band's publicist) Wayne Coyne and fwends are indeed recording their own special take on the classic album, following similiar attempts on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. Coyne himself and members involved in the project (including New Fumes, Stardeath, and possibly Poliça's Channy) have been posting a series of tweets updating their progress, confirming work on three songs so far, including "Waterfall," "Bye Bye Badman," and "She Bangs the Drums." Down below you can watch a behind-the-scenes clip from the sessions. Stay tuned for more details as they come about.
- Listen – Tim Darcy: “Joan, Pt. 1,2” (News) — Tim Darcy
- Watch First Trailer for “Song to Song,” Terrence Malick’s Austin-Set Music Industry Drama (News) — Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Terrence Malick, Natalie Portman, Michael Fassbender
- Jens Lekman (Interview) — Jens Lekman
- Watch: Laura Marling - “Next Time” Video (News) — Laura Marling
- Listen: Karen Elson - “Call Your Name” (News) — Karen Elson, The Black Keys