The Flaming Lips Recording Covers From The Stone Roses’ Debut LP
Full Record In the Works
Ever the busy bees, The Flaming Lips have been dropping hints of late that the band might be working on a cover album of The Stone Roses' entire 1988 debut album. According to The Future Heart (and confirmed by the band's publicist) Wayne Coyne and fwends are indeed recording their own special take on the classic album, following similiar attempts on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. Coyne himself and members involved in the project (including New Fumes, Stardeath, and possibly Poliça's Channy) have been posting a series of tweets updating their progress, confirming work on three songs so far, including "Waterfall," "Bye Bye Badman," and "She Bangs the Drums." Down below you can watch a behind-the-scenes clip from the sessions. Stay tuned for more details as they come about.
- Fridays Designated As Global Release Day For Music (News) —
- Stream Purity Ring’s New Album, “Another Eternity” (News) — Purity Ring
- Pleased to Meet You Spotlight: Natalie Prass (Interview) — Natalie Prass
- Bunbury Music Festival Announces Line-Up (News) — Bunbury Music Festival
- Listen: Florence and the Machine - “What Kind of Man” (Nicolas Jaar Remix) (News) — Florence and the Machine