The Flaming Lips Recording Covers From The Stone Roses’ Debut LP
Full Record In the Works
Ever the busy bees, The Flaming Lips have been dropping hints of late that the band might be working on a cover album of The Stone Roses' entire 1988 debut album. According to The Future Heart (and confirmed by the band's publicist) Wayne Coyne and fwends are indeed recording their own special take on the classic album, following similiar attempts on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. Coyne himself and members involved in the project (including New Fumes, Stardeath, and possibly Poliça's Channy) have been posting a series of tweets updating their progress, confirming work on three songs so far, including "Waterfall," "Bye Bye Badman," and "She Bangs the Drums." Down below you can watch a behind-the-scenes clip from the sessions. Stay tuned for more details as they come about.
- Watch Lana Del Rey and Father John Misty Get Intimate in 11-Minute “Freak” Video (News) — Father John Misty, Lana Del Rey
- Peaches Shares Another Crazy NSFW Video, for “Free Drink Ticket” (News) — Peaches
- Britta Phillips (of Luna and Dean & Britta) Announces Debut Solo Album, Shares Evie Sands Cover (News) — Britta Phillips, Dean & Britta, Luna
- Sam Beam (of Iron & Wine) and Jesca Hoop Announce Album, Share “Every Songbird Says” (News) — Iron & Wine, Jesca Hoop, Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop, Sam Beam
- 2015 Artist Survey: Dan Deacon (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Dan Deacon