The Flaming Lips Release Music Inside a Gummy Skull
We love The Flaming Lips. We really do. After all, how many bands allow you to use the phrase “gummy skull” in a headline? Thankfully, the news is true. Our favorite fearless freaks (who’ve also given us such epic pieces as a song built for four iPhones and…err…“Two Blobs Fucking”) are plotting a release that involves an un-titled USB buried inside a life-sized gummy skull. Mmm….that’s a lot of goo! As lead Lip Wayne Coyne described to Pitchfork, “"It's a life-sized human skull completely made out of edible gummy bear stuff. It also has a gummy brain inside of it and, inside of that, there's a USB flash drive that has three new songs on it. It's pretty outrageous."
The singer goes on to mention he hasn’t ruled out the idea of painting more posters in blood, as he did last year. “Our blood is really our work,” he says. And his work, right now is in gummy. This just in: gummy runs through the Flaming Lips’ veins.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf