The Flaming Lips Release Music Inside a Gummy Skull
We love The Flaming Lips. We really do. After all, how many bands allow you to use the phrase “gummy skull” in a headline? Thankfully, the news is true. Our favorite fearless freaks (who’ve also given us such epic pieces as a song built for four iPhones and…err…“Two Blobs Fucking”) are plotting a release that involves an un-titled USB buried inside a life-sized gummy skull. Mmm….that’s a lot of goo! As lead Lip Wayne Coyne described to Pitchfork, “"It's a life-sized human skull completely made out of edible gummy bear stuff. It also has a gummy brain inside of it and, inside of that, there's a USB flash drive that has three new songs on it. It's pretty outrageous."
The singer goes on to mention he hasn’t ruled out the idea of painting more posters in blood, as he did last year. “Our blood is really our work,” he says. And his work, right now is in gummy. This just in: gummy runs through the Flaming Lips’ veins.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey