The Flaming Lips’ Steven Drozd To Premiere New Project, The Mutating Cell Ensemble
Featuring Students From the Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma
Steven Drozd, multi-instrumentalist of The Flaming Lips has announced that he will premiere a new experimental project this weekend called The Mutating Cell Ensemble.
Giving back to his hometown community of rising musicians, Drozd's band will feature more than a dozen students at Oklahoma City's Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma, with the band performing as part of the school's annual music festival ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown, an end-of-term event where students perform around the district with their respective projects.
With more than sixty bands scheduled to play across more than 14 stages, Drozd's performance will take place at 11 p.m. at the ACM@UCO Performance Lab. A preview snippet of the performance can be found in the video below. The Flaming Lips, of course, will release their forthcoming new album The Terror next week on April 16.
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco