The Flaming Lips Will Perform “Transmissions of the Satellite Heart In Its Entirety
Minneapolis September 14
The Flaming Lips have announced they will perform their 1993 album Transmissions of the Satellite Heart in its entirety at First Avenue In Minneapolis on September 14. Lips frontman Wayne Coyne made the official announcement via his infamous Instagram account.
Transmissions was a seminal release for the Oklahoma band, featuring their first hit "She Don't Use Jelly." The rest of the album is pretty great, too, and is essential for any newcomer to the Lips' backcatalog (for a more in depth look, check out our ranking of every Flaming Lips studio album). Here's the video for the opening track from Transmissions, "Turn It On."
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco