The Helio Sequence To Release New Album
Negotiations Out Sept. 11
The Helio Sequence have announced that they will release their first album of new material in four years this September. The new record, Negotiations, was written, recorded, and produced by the band in Portland, Oregon.
In a press release statement this fifth full-length apparently would have sounded much differently had it not been for a flood: "In 2009, while touring in support of Keep Your Eyes Ahead, singer-guitarist Brandon Summers got an unexpected phone call in the middle of the night. Back home in Portland, the band’s studio/practice space was under nearly a foot of water. Heavy rains had caused the building’s plumbing to overflow like a geyser. But Summers and drummer-keyboardist, Benjamin Weikel, were lucky: All of their best equipment was either on tour with them, or racked high enough off the studio floor to be spared. Still, the band needed a new home and they decided to use this opportunity to try something different in a new studio space. For reasons related to this new environment and not, recording for Negotiations proved to be the loosest, and most free-form the duo has ever done."
With a massive fall tour scheduled to take place in support of the new album, out Sept. 11 via Sub Pop, the band has provided a teaser trailer to their work which you can watch below.
- Watch: The Decemberists - “Make You Better” Video, Featuring Nick Offerman (News) — The Decemberists
- Check Out Photos of Swans, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Binkbeats and More at Le Guess Who? (News) — Le Guess Who? 2014, Le Guess Who? 2014: Day Three, Binkbeats, Ela Stiles, Hauschka, Swans
- Nils Frahm (Interview) — Nils Frahm
- Bluebeard: Brave Warrior, Brutal Psychopath (Review) —
- Listen: Daughter - “Winter” (Warpaint Remix) (News) — Daughter, Warpaint