The Knife Wins the Nordic Music Prize
Award Given Out This Evening in Oslo, Norway
The Knife is the recipient of the fourth annual Nordic Music Prize. The award was given out at an award ceremony earlier this evening in Oslo, Norway in conjunction with the by:Larm festival. The received the prize for last year’s album, Shaking the Habitual.
“This year’s winner of the Nordic Music Prize is radical on so many levels,” explained the jury of their decision. “Lyrically, visually, musically and politically. It’s a brave and challenging work. Both dazzlingly contemporary and totally uncompromising. The artists in question have themselves described this record as ‘playing with people’s time and attention spans—in an era when nobody seems to have any. Shaking the Habitual is much more than a collection of songs, it’s a complete statement.”
The award was accepted on behalf of the band by their tour manager, who replied with a simple “thank you,” rather than indulging any of The Knife’s epic award show stunts.
Reread our interview with the band about Shaking the Habitual here.
- Listen: Banks & Steelz (Paul Banks + RZA) - “Sword in the Stone” (Feat. Kool Keith) (News) — Banks & Steelz, Interpol, Paul Banks, Kool Keith, RZA, Wu-Tang Clan
- Nice As Fuck (Jenny Lewis’ New Band) Share Video for “Door” (News) — Nice as Fuck, Jenny Lewis, Rilo Kiley, The Like, The Strokes, Au Revoir Simone, Albert Hammond Jr.
- Watch Tegan and Sara Reference Bowie, Prince, and More in “Faint of Heart” Video (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Frankie Cosmos (Interview) — Frankie Cosmos
- Teenage Fanclub Share “I’m In Love” Video and Announce North American Tour Dates (News) — Teenage Fanclub