The Knife Wins the Nordic Music Prize
Award Given Out This Evening in Oslo, Norway
The Knife is the recipient of the fourth annual Nordic Music Prize. The award was given out at an award ceremony earlier this evening in Oslo, Norway in conjunction with the by:Larm festival. The received the prize for last year’s album, Shaking the Habitual.
“This year’s winner of the Nordic Music Prize is radical on so many levels,” explained the jury of their decision. “Lyrically, visually, musically and politically. It’s a brave and challenging work. Both dazzlingly contemporary and totally uncompromising. The artists in question have themselves described this record as ‘playing with people’s time and attention spans—in an era when nobody seems to have any. Shaking the Habitual is much more than a collection of songs, it’s a complete statement.”
The award was accepted on behalf of the band by their tour manager, who replied with a simple “thank you,” rather than indulging any of The Knife’s epic award show stunts.
Reread our interview with the band about Shaking the Habitual here.
- The Veils (Interview) — The Veils
- Protest Auction Extended - You Can Still Bid on Signs by Wild Beasts, Perfect Pussy, and Others (News) — Amber Arcades, Everything Everything, Fear of Men, How to Dress Well, Cullen Omori, Perfect Pussy, Wild Beasts, Younghusband
- C Duncan On His Favorite Episodes of “The Twilight Zone” (News) — C Duncan
- Listen: Hinds - “Holograma” (Los Nastys Cover) (News) — Hinds, Los Nastys
- Listen: Charli XCX - “After the Afterparty” (Feat. Lil Yachty) (News) — Charli XCX