The Knife Wins the Nordic Music Prize
Award Given Out This Evening in Oslo, Norway
The Knife is the recipient of the fourth annual Nordic Music Prize. The award was given out at an award ceremony earlier this evening in Oslo, Norway in conjunction with the by:Larm festival. The received the prize for last year’s album, Shaking the Habitual.
“This year’s winner of the Nordic Music Prize is radical on so many levels,” explained the jury of their decision. “Lyrically, visually, musically and politically. It’s a brave and challenging work. Both dazzlingly contemporary and totally uncompromising. The artists in question have themselves described this record as ‘playing with people’s time and attention spans—in an era when nobody seems to have any. Shaking the Habitual is much more than a collection of songs, it’s a complete statement.”
The award was accepted on behalf of the band by their tour manager, who replied with a simple “thank you,” rather than indulging any of The Knife’s epic award show stunts.
Reread our interview with the band about Shaking the Habitual here.
- Lykke Li and Peter Bjorn and John and Miike Snow Members Form LIV, Share “Wings of Love” (News) — LIV, Lykke Li, Amason, Jeff Bhasker, Miike Snow, Peter Bjorn and John
- Watch: New Teaser for Returned “Twin Peaks” Series Highlights Angelo Badalamenti’s Score (News) — Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch, Twin Peaks (TV Show)
- Listen: Hiss Golden Messenger - “Heart Like a Levee” (News) — Hiss Golden Messenger
- Cut Copy Surprise Release New 44-Minute Ambient Instrumental “January Tape” (News) — Cut Copy
- Watch Regina Spektor Perform “Small Bill$” on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (News) — Regina Spektor, James Corden