Listen: Weird Dreams - “The Ladder”
First New Song In Several Years, More New Music Promised Soon
Weird Dreams is the London-based project of Doran Edwards. He put out a great debut album, Choreography, back in 2012, for which we did a Pleased to Meet You feature and had him play an event we hosted at the Great Escape festival in Brighton, England. But since then it's been radio silence. Well now Weird Dreams are back with a new song, the beautifully chill "The Ladder," which you can stream below.
Edwards addressed the gap between new music in a press release: "It's been a long and short four years. Weird Dreams never stopped for me, it just became private. The songwriting was a near constant. There's more music to share soon, but starting with 'The Ladder' now feels right, as it was the first song of real difference, and remained unfinished for a few years while I obsessed over an image that I began to pursue as sound on the last Weird Dreams song before this one ('House of Secrets') - the reflections of water on a swimming pool ceiling at night. For reasons that are still unclear, this imagined image of light and water moved me in a desperate time, distracting from what felt like the rest of the world falling away."
- Listen: Weird Dreams - “The Ladder” (News) — Weird Dreams
- Listen: Ra Ra Riot - “Foreign Lovers” (News) — Ra Ra Riot
- 2015 Artist Survey: Youth Lagoon (Interview) — Youth Lagoon, Artist Surveys 2015
- First Entrepreneur: How George Washington Built His—and the Nation’s—Prosperity (Review) —
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter, and Lush and to Play Iceland Airwaves 2016 (News) — Iceland Airwaves 2016