The Mountain Goats, Owen Pallett Premiere New Tunes At Ecstatic Music Festival
From Work Transcendental Youth
As they promised they would, The Mountain Goats and Owen Pallett performed a number of new songs at the Ecstatic Music Festival earlier this week at the Merkin Concert Hall in Manhattan, joined by classical vocal quartet Anonymous 4. In addition to the collection of material, entitled Transcendental Youth, the ensemble also played a number of Mountain Goats tracks in the 90-minute set. NPR has posted a recording on the pop/classical arrangement in its entirety, which you can listen to by clicking here.
- Matt Mondanile Leaves Real Estate to Focus on Ducktails, Band Announces New Tour Dates (News) — Ducktails, Julian Lynch, Real Estate
- Dinosaur Jr. Share New Song, “Tiny,” and Performed it Last Night on “Later… with Jools Holland” (News) — Dinosaur Jr., J Mascis
- Premiere: Travis - “What Will Come” Video (News) — Travis
- Kristin Kontrol Announces Tour Dates, Including Solo Shows and Dates with Garbage (News) — Kristin Kontrol, Dum Dum Girls, Garbage
- British Road Movies (Review) — Kate Jackson