The Mountain Goats, Owen Pallett Premiere New Tunes At Ecstatic Music Festival
From Work Transcendental Youth
As they promised they would, The Mountain Goats and Owen Pallett performed a number of new songs at the Ecstatic Music Festival earlier this week at the Merkin Concert Hall in Manhattan, joined by classical vocal quartet Anonymous 4. In addition to the collection of material, entitled Transcendental Youth, the ensemble also played a number of Mountain Goats tracks in the 90-minute set. NPR has posted a recording on the pop/classical arrangement in its entirety, which you can listen to by clicking here.
- Watch Tame Impala Perform “The Less I Know the Better” on “The Late Show with Colbert” (News) — Stephen Colbert, Tame Impala
- Father John Misty Comments on His Taylor Swift/Ryan Adams Covers in New Interview (News) — Father John Misty, Ryan Adams, Taylor Swift
- Stream the New Album by Small Black, “Best Blues,” in Full (News) — Small Black
- Stream the New Solo Album by Chris Walla (ex-Death Cab for Cutie), “Tape Loops,” in Full (News) — Chris Walla
- Garbage - Shirley Manson on the 20th Anniversary of Their Debut Album (Interview) — Garbage