The Mountain Goats, Owen Pallett Premiere New Tunes At Ecstatic Music Festival
From Work Transcendental Youth
As they promised they would, The Mountain Goats and Owen Pallett performed a number of new songs at the Ecstatic Music Festival earlier this week at the Merkin Concert Hall in Manhattan, joined by classical vocal quartet Anonymous 4. In addition to the collection of material, entitled Transcendental Youth, the ensemble also played a number of Mountain Goats tracks in the 90-minute set. NPR has posted a recording on the pop/classical arrangement in its entirety, which you can listen to by clicking here.
- Listen: The Jesus and Mary Chain - “Amputation” (News) — The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Watch Jack White Perform “The Rose With the Broken Neck” From “Rome” in New Live Video (News) — Jack White, Danger Mouse, The White Stripes
- Listen: At the Drive-In Share First New Song in 16 Years - “Governed By Contagions” (News) — At the Drive-In
- Watch Tegan and Sara as Puppets in the “Miami Vice”-Inspired “Dying to Know” Video (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Amanda Palmer on “You Got Me Singing,” a Collaborative Album with Her Dad, Jack Palmer (Interview) — Amanda Palmer