The Mountain Goats, Owen Pallett Premiere New Tunes At Ecstatic Music Festival
From Work Transcendental Youth
As they promised they would, The Mountain Goats and Owen Pallett performed a number of new songs at the Ecstatic Music Festival earlier this week at the Merkin Concert Hall in Manhattan, joined by classical vocal quartet Anonymous 4. In addition to the collection of material, entitled Transcendental Youth, the ensemble also played a number of Mountain Goats tracks in the 90-minute set. NPR has posted a recording on the pop/classical arrangement in its entirety, which you can listen to by clicking here.
- St. Vincent and The Black Keys to Perform on Saturday Night Live (News) — St. Vincent, The Black Keys
- Premiere: The Toxic Avenger- “Chase II” (News) — The Toxic Avenger
- Rufus Wainwright, Beck, Andrew Bird and More to Play Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (News) — Andrew Bird, Beck, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal 2014, Rufus Wainwright
- Watch: Lily Allen – “Sheezus” (News) — Lily Allen
- Listen: Liars – “Pro Anti Anti” (News) — Liars