The Mountain Goats, Owen Pallett Premiere New Tunes At Ecstatic Music Festival
From Work Transcendental Youth
As they promised they would, The Mountain Goats and Owen Pallett performed a number of new songs at the Ecstatic Music Festival earlier this week at the Merkin Concert Hall in Manhattan, joined by classical vocal quartet Anonymous 4. In addition to the collection of material, entitled Transcendental Youth, the ensemble also played a number of Mountain Goats tracks in the 90-minute set. NPR has posted a recording on the pop/classical arrangement in its entirety, which you can listen to by clicking here.
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz
- Listen: Broken Social Scene – “Golden Facelift” (News) — Broken Social Scene