The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Watch Andrew Bird and Matt Berninger Cover Lou Reed’s “Perfect Day” in Bird’s Living Room (News) — Andrew Bird, EL VY, The National, Lou Reed
- Listen: Sad13 (Sadie Dupuis of Speedy Ortiz) - “Hype” (News) — Sad13, Sadie Dupuis, Speedy Ortiz
- Oasis: Supersonic (Review) —
- Slow Club (Interview) — Slow Club
- I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir (Review) —