The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Check Out Photos of Amason in Oslo, Norway (News) — Amason
- Premiere: Conor Patrick & The Shooting Tsar Orchestra Playlist (News) — Conor Patrick & The Shooting Tsar Orchestra, Trondheim Calling 2015
- Check out Photos of Low in Tel Aviv, Israel (News) — Low
- Savages at Baby’s All Right, New York, New York (Review) — Savages
- Watch: Death Cab for Cutie on “Letterman” (News) — Death Cab for Cutie