The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Announces Solo Album (News) —
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds Announce Vinyl Reissues (News) — Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
- Listen: Yoko Ono & The Flaming Lips - “Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)” (News) — Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band, The Flaming Lips
- Premiere: Tomorrow We Move to Hawaii – “Bamboos Break” (News) — Tomorrow We Move To Hawaii
- Radiohead Are Working On New Album (News) — Radiohead