The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Watch: Angel Olsen – “Pops” Video (News) — Angel Olsen
- 2016 Artist Survey: Annelotte de Graaf of Amber Arcades (Interview) — Amber Arcades, Artist Surveys 2016
- Real Estate Announce New Album, Share “Darling” Video (News) — Real Estate
- Father John Misty Announces New Album, Shares Short Film and Lengthy Statement (News) — Father John Misty
- Mew Announce New Album and Tour, Share “Carry Me to Safety” (News) — Mew