The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Scotland Week: James McAvoy on the Irvine Welsh Adaptation “Filth” (Interview) — James McAvoy
- Angels & Devils (Review) — The Bug
- Scotland Week on Under the Radar’s Website All This Week (News) — Scotland Week, Belle and Sebastian, God Help the Girl, Stuart Murdoch
- Hard Believer (Review) — Fink
- Sky Swimming (Review) — Elephant