The Postal Service Album “Give Up” goes Platinum
Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello!
The Postal Service’s debut (and only) album Give Up has been certified as platinum, selling 1,067,087 copies to date. The news means that Give Up is now Sub Pop’s second biggest selling album of all time—right behind Nirvana’s Bleach. Congratulations to Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello. Now can we please have a follow-up? (We’re not too proud to beg.)
In honor of the occasion, revisit the video (and experience some early-2000 levels of swooning) for “Such Great Heights” below.
- Silent Treatment (Review) — Highasakite
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (Review) —
- Premiere: Watoo Watoo – “Tes Histoires Invisibles” (News) — Watoo Watoo
- by:Larm Day Three: First Aid Kit, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Ice Cream Cathedral, and Kate Boy (Review) — by:Larm 2014, by:Larm 2014 Day Three, First Aid Kit, Ice Cream Cathedral, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Kate Boy
- Watch: Dum Dum Girls – “Are You Okay?” Video/Short Film Written by Bret Easton Ellis (News) — Dum Dum Girls