The Twilight Sad Mugged By Fake Police In Rome
Band Alright, Wallets Sad
Over the weekend, Scottish band The Twilight Sad ended up the victims of some terrible international relations when they were robbed by fake police in Rome. The band's publicist assures us no one was hurt, however they did loose about 2000 pounds to the unidentified thieves. On their Myspace, the band didn't mince words in an open "thank you note."
"Thanks again to the 2 nice men who got dressed into their fake police uniforms, put on their bullet proof vests, put their guns in their pockets, pulled us over, showed us their fake police id, stole our money, hid our van keys and threw our passports onto the motorway. It was very much appreciated, I hope we can do it again sometime. We'll get moonpig to make you a nice card. Fucking cunts."
Aside from some well-deserved anger, the band will continue touring as scheduled.
Nov 17 2009 - Manufaktur - Schorndorf
Nov 18 2009 - Karlstorbahnhof - Heidelberg
Nov 19 2009 - Gleiss 22 - Muenster
Nov 20 2009 - Paradiso - Amsterdam
Nov 21 2009 - Botanique - Brussels
Dec 15 2009 - Voodoo Rooms - Edinburgh, Scotland
Dec 16 2009 -Nice N Sleazy's - Glasgow, Scotland
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco