The xx Will Play 25 Very Intimate Shows in New York this March
The xx are set to play a series of intimate shows in New York. Like, REALLY intimate. In support of their sophomore album Coexist, the British band is slated for a residency in New York this March, where they will play 25 shows from March 19-29. The venue is the historic Park Avenue Armory's Wade Thompson Drill Hall—which only holds 40 people.
Says the Armory of the performance:
Defying perceptions of a traditional concert, the xx creates a site-specific environment to delve into uncharted levels of depth in their sound where dark and light collide as the memory of the outside world falls away. This uniquely voyeuristic and deeply personal setting is the perfect oasis for the band to perform, while in the process redefining their music and their relationship to the audience that surrounds them.
Tickets are $55 each.
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock
- Listen: Tennis - “My Emotions Are Blinding” (News) — Tennis