Third Man Records to Release New White Stripes Concert Film
Also Unreleased Raconteurs Tracks, Live Karen Elson LP
As part of its ongoing Vault subscription series Jack White and Third Man Records has announced that they will be releasing a new live DVD of The White Stripes. Entitled Under New Zealand Lights, the film collects footage from two early career performances, one that took place in 2000 during the band's first international tour, as well as 2003 performance for the students at the Freeman's Bay Primary School.
Also included in the release will be "Open Your Eyes" b/w "You Make a Fool Out of Me," a 7'' of unreleased Raconteurs tracks recorded during their Consolers of the Lonely sessions. Those familiar with the solo work of Brendan Benson will take notice that the B-side eventually made its way on his 2009 album My Old Familiar Friend, while a new version of the A-side appears on Benson's forthcoming new full-length What Kind of World as the track "Here in the Deadlights."
White ex-wife's Karen Elson additionally contributes to the subscription set with a live album LP, taken from a 2010 performance at Third Man's headquarters in Nashville. The record actually comes with an "interactive" cover sleeve, where you change Elson's clothing options.
Head over to Third Man Record’s website to join the Vault.
- Check Out Photos of Perfume Genius, Iceage and More at Le Guess Who (News) — Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Brandt Brauer Frick, Iceage, Dean Blunt, Le Guess Who? 2014, Le Guess Who? 2014: Day Two, Perfume Genius
- Watch: The Decembrists Preview Music Video for “Make You Better,” Starring Nick Offerman (News) — The Decemberists
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Perfume Genius, Flying Lotus, and Colleen Green (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Watch: Sky Ferreira Cover Hole’s “Asking For It” With DIIV’s Zachary Cole (News) — Sky Ferreira
- It Happened One Night Blu-ray (Review) —