Third Man to Release New White Stripes Live Album, Photo Book, and “Elephant” Demos
Released From the "Vault"
Celebrating the tenth anniversary of The White Stripes' landmark album Elephant, Jack White's Third Man Records has announced the release of a special package of archival goodies for its "Vault" subscription series. Included in the release will be Nine Miles From White City, a double LP live album recorded at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom back in 2003.
Also included will be a 7'' featuring demos of Elephant tracks "I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart" and "Little Acorns." Last but not least will be a special photo book of images documenting the sessions of Elephant's recording. Scroll down below and you'll be able to take in the full 26-song tracklisting of Nine Miles, as well as hear a snippet from the show with "The Hardest Button to Button."
Nine Miles From the White City:
When I Hear My Name
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
Love Sick (Bob Dylan cover)
Cool Drink of Water Blues (Tommy Johnson cover)
The Hardest Button to Button
I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart
Stones in My Passway (Robert Johnson cover)
Stop Breakin' Down (Robert Johnson cover)
In the Cold, Cold Night
Seven Nation Army
The Same Boy You've Always Known
Black Jack Davey
We Are Going to Be Friends
Offend in Every Way
Little Cream Soda
Cannon/Party of Special Things to Do (Captain Beefheart cover)
Candy Cane Children
The Air Near My Fingers
Ball and Biscuit
Let's Build a Home
Goin' Back to Memphis (Henry & June cover)
- Jesse Eisenberg on “The End of the Tour” (Interview) — Jesse Eisenberg
- Watch Mark Ronson and Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker Cover Queens of the Stone Age (News) — Mark Ronson, Tame Impala, Queens of the Stone Age, Miike Snow, Kirin J Callinan
- Wet Hot American Summer: Michael Showalter (Interview) — Wet Hot American Summer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, Michael Showalter
- I Am Chris Farley (Review) —
- Momentary Masters (Review) — Albert Hammond Jr.