Titus Andronicus Announce New Album
Local Business Out Oct. 23
Titus Andronicus have announced that they will release their third album Local Business on Oct. 23. Recorded it upstate New York it will be the band's first effort of original material since the departure of bandmembers Amy Klein and Ian Graetzer.
According to a recently issued press release "while abandoning the linear narrative of their last album The Monitor, the songs on Local Business aim to make explicit the implications of the first two LPs, that the inherent meaninglessness of life in an absurd universe gives the individual power to create their own values and their own morality. Along the way, we witness a devastating automobile wreck, a food fight (that is to say, a battle with an eating disorder), an electrocution, a descent into insanity, and ultimately, a forgiveness of the self for its many faults. Titus Andronicus even finds time to broaden its emotional palette to include moments of pure positivity, brief respites from the usual doom and gloom."
Having been playing a number of the record's songs live for the past year (including "My Eating Disorder") a nationwide U.S. tour will nevertheless commence following the record's release. You can view the album's full tracklisting below.
Still Life With Hot Deuce And Silver Platter
Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With The Flood Of Detritus
My Eating Disorder
Titus Andronicus VS. The Absurd Universe (3rd Round KO)
In A Big City
In A Small Body
(I Am The) Electric Man
Tried To Quit Smoking
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Continues to Confront Online Misogyny With Instagram Post (News) — CHVRCHES
- This Week In Geek: Possible Candidates to Play Spider-Man + “Daredevil,” “Jurassic World” (News) —
- Watch: Hans-Peter Lindstrǿm and Grace Hall - “Home Tonight” Video (News) — Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Grace Hall, Emil Nikolaisen, Todd Rundgren
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Forms New Solo Project Called The Arcs (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Black Keys, The Arcs
- The End: Hamilton Leithauser on Endings and Death (Interview) — Hamilton Leithauser, The Walkmen