Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys Compete on Steven Colbert
“Clearly You Have Both Equally Whored Out Your Music”
The Grammy ballot this year is packed with notable artists. Who better to filter through them all than Steven Colbert? Last year’s Best Comedy Album winner had two nominees for Best Alternative Album—Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys—on his show last night to appeal for his vote.
As Colbert explained the category, “alternative refers to under the radar music that edgy, anti-establishment types can buy at Starbucks.” And how, when awesome points fail, does one determine which band is best? “The only way to determine which alternative band has the most edgy, non-commercial appeal is which one got their songs in more commercials,” Colbert declared. Things go from hilarious to uber hilarious when it’s proven that mere commercials aren’t enough. Check out the results below.
- Watch: Electric Youth - “Runaway” Video (News) — Electric Youth
- The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin (Review) —
- Domino To Release Go-Betweens Box Set (News) — The Go-Betweens
- Watch Future Islands Play Later With Jools Holland (News) — Future Islands
- Watch: The New Pornographers - “Dancehall Domine” Video (News) — The New Pornographers