Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys Compete on Steven Colbert
“Clearly You Have Both Equally Whored Out Your Music”
The Grammy ballot this year is packed with notable artists. Who better to filter through them all than Steven Colbert? Last year’s Best Comedy Album winner had two nominees for Best Alternative Album—Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys—on his show last night to appeal for his vote.
As Colbert explained the category, “alternative refers to under the radar music that edgy, anti-establishment types can buy at Starbucks.” And how, when awesome points fail, does one determine which band is best? “The only way to determine which alternative band has the most edgy, non-commercial appeal is which one got their songs in more commercials,” Colbert declared. Things go from hilarious to uber hilarious when it’s proven that mere commercials aren’t enough. Check out the results below.
- Flight of the Conchords Plotting U.S. Tour (News) — Flight of the Conchords
- 2014 Artist Survey: Blaue Blume (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2014, Blaue Blume
- Courtney Barnett Announces New Album, “Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit” (News) — Courtney Barnett
- Passion Pit Announces New Album, “Kindred” (News) — Passion Pit
- Lower Dens Announce New Album, “Escape From Evil” (News) — Lower Dens