Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys Compete on Steven Colbert
“Clearly You Have Both Equally Whored Out Your Music”
The Grammy ballot this year is packed with notable artists. Who better to filter through them all than Steven Colbert? Last year’s Best Comedy Album winner had two nominees for Best Alternative Album—Vampire Weekend and The Black Keys—on his show last night to appeal for his vote.
As Colbert explained the category, “alternative refers to under the radar music that edgy, anti-establishment types can buy at Starbucks.” And how, when awesome points fail, does one determine which band is best? “The only way to determine which alternative band has the most edgy, non-commercial appeal is which one got their songs in more commercials,” Colbert declared. Things go from hilarious to uber hilarious when it’s proven that mere commercials aren’t enough. Check out the results below.
- Lykke Li and Peter Bjorn and John and Miike Snow Members Form LIV, Share “Wings of Love” (News) — LIV, Lykke Li, Amason, Jeff Bhasker, Miike Snow, Peter Bjorn and John
- Watch: New Teaser for Returned “Twin Peaks” Series Highlights Angelo Badalamenti’s Score (News) — Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch, Twin Peaks (TV Show)
- Listen: Hiss Golden Messenger - “Heart Like a Levee” (News) — Hiss Golden Messenger
- Cut Copy Surprise Release New 44-Minute Ambient Instrumental “January Tape” (News) — Cut Copy
- Watch Regina Spektor Perform “Small Bill$” on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (News) — Regina Spektor, James Corden