Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- The Smiths, Janet Jackson, N.W.A., Nine Inch Nails, etc. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (News) — The Smiths, Nine Inch Nails, Janet Jackson
- Eleanor Friedberger Shares New Song/Video, “False Alphabet City,” Announces Shows (News) — Eleanor Friedberger, The Fiery Furnaces
- Watch: Low - “Lies” Video (News) — Low
- Premiere: Fresh Snow - “Don’t Fuck A Gift Horse In The Mouth” Video (News) — Fresh Snow
- Watch Emma Stone Dance on the Iconic Queen Mary Ship in a New Video for Will Butler’s “Anna” (News) — Arcade Fire, Emma Stone, Will Butler