Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band