Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring M. Ward, Songs: Ohia, Charli XCX and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Portlandia Previews Season Five With Goth Sketch (News) — Portlandia
- Above the Dreamless Dead (Review) —
- Watch: Arcade Fire’s Horror Short Film, “Festi” (News) — Arcade Fire
- Premiere: Kormac – “White Noise (Featuring Speech Debelle)” Video (News) — Kormac, Speech Debelle