Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce “No Cities To Love,” First Album In a Decade (News) — Sleater-Kinney
- Track-by-Track: EMA on “The Future’s Void” (Interview) — EMA
- Stream The Flaming Lips’ Cover Album of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” (News) — The Flaming Lips
- Watch: Pond - “Elvis’ Flaming Star” Video; New Album Announced (News) — Pond
- Watch: FKA twigs Short Film “#throughglass” (News) — FKA twigs