Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Watch: Wolf Alice - “Bros” Video (News) — Wolf Alice
- Listen: FFS (Franz Ferdinand + Sparks) - “Call Girl” (News) — FFS, Franz Ferdinand, Sparks
- Watch: The New Pornographers - “Champions of Red Wine” Video Filmed in Cuba (News) — The New Pornographers
- Watch: Mikal Cronin - “Say” Video (News) — Mikal Cronin
- Willis Earl Beal Announces New Album, “Noctunes,” Shares “Flying So Low” (News) — Willis Earl Beal