Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Mac DeMarco on His New Album, “Salad Days” (Interview) — Mac DeMarco
- Modest Mouse Announce U.S. Tour Dates (News) — Modest Mouse
- Osheaga Music Festival 2014 Announces Line-up (News) — Osheaga Festival
- Listen: SBTRKT’s “Transitions” Series (News) — SBTRKT
- Watch: CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s “Team” (News) — CHVRCHES