Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Sharon Jones Public Memorials Announced in Brooklyn, NY and Augusta, GA (News) — Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
- Premiere: Red Love: “Does It Make You” Video (News) — Red Love
- Ryan Adams Announces New Album, Shares “Do You Still Love Me?” (News) — Ryan Adams
- Watch: Dinosaur Jr. Perform “Goin Down” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien
- PJ Harvey Announces 2017 North American Tour Dates (News) — PJ Harvey