Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Way Out West Adds Neko Case, Poliça, Neneh Cherry, and More to the Lineup (News) — Way Out West 2014
- Premiere: André Obin – “Can’t Let Go” (News) — André Obin
- Listen: Glass Animals – “Pools” (News) — Glass Animals
- Watch: The Horrors – “So Now You Know” Video (News) — The Horrors
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates (News) — Coldplay