Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Bob Mould Announces Deluxe Edition of “Workbook” (News) — Bob Mould
- CHVRCHES Announce New Tour Dates (News) — CHVRCHES
- Listen: The Flaming Lips - “Elizabeth My Dear” (feat. New Fumes and Ke$ha) [The Stone Roses Cover] (News) — The Flaming Lips
- Pixies Announce New Bassist, Expand Tour (News) — Pixies
- Local Natives Announce 2014 Tour Dates (News) — Local Natives