Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Watch: Tegan and Sara - “U-turn” Video (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Listen: Mutual Benefit - “The Hearafter” (News) — Mutual Benefit
- Listen: The Mountain Goats - “Summer” (War Cover) (News) — The Mountain Goats
- Listen: Baio (Vampire Weekend’s Chris Baio) - “Don’t Fight Fate” (News) — Baio, Vampire Weekend
- Listen: Fear of Men - “Sane” (News) — Fear of Men