Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Tambourine Light (Review) — Woods
- Watch: Lana Del Rey – “Ultraviolence” Teaser Video (News) — Lana Del Rey
- Check Out Photos of Conor Oberst and Dawes at Central Park’s Summerstage (News) — Conor Oberst, Dawes
- Listen: FKA Twigs – “Pendulum” (News) — FKA Twigs
- Watch: Courtney Barnett Performs “Canned Tomatoes (Whole)” Live For NME (News) — Courtney Barnett