Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Man With a Plan (Review) —
- The Decemberists Announce Deluxe “The Crane Wife” Reissue with Lin-Manuel Miranda Essay (News) — The Decemberists
- Listen: Soft Hair (Connan Mockasin + LA Priest’s Sam Dust) - “Relaxed Lizard” (News) — Connan Mockasin, LA Priest, Late of the Pier, Soft Hair
- Listen: Run the Jewels Share New Song - “Talk to Me” (News) — El-P, Killer Mike, Run the Jewels
- Listen: Joanna Newsom Shares New Song - “Make Hay” (News) — Joanna Newsom