Watch: Beastie Boys’ Mike D Visits Colbert
Explains Proper Use of "Illin"
Last night Mike D. of the Beastie Boys made a special appearance on "The Colbert Report." Colbert had apparently summoned the "Head Grammarian" to help settle a dispute between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and a blogger by the name of Julieanne Smollinski, who accused the across/down master for using the term "illin" as an improper answer for the clue "wack, in hip-hop." See who Mike D sides with in the clip below.
- Listen: Röyksopp and Robyn – “Do It Again” & “Every Little Thing” (News) — Röyksopp, Robyn
- Listen: Ramona Lisa – “Arcadia” Album Stream (News) — Ramona Lisa
- Listen: Lily Allen – “Sheezus” (News) — Lily Allen
- St. Vincent (Interview) — St. Vincent
- Game of Thrones: “Breaker of Chains” (Season 4: Episode 3) Recap/Analysis (Review) — Game of Thrones