Watch: Dutch Uncles - “Big Balloon” Video
Big Balloon Due Out February 17 via Memphis Industries
Find It At: AMAZON
British art-pop quartet Dutch Uncles are releasing a new album, Big Balloon, on February 17, 2017 via Memphis Industries. Now the album's previously shared first single (and title track), "Big Balloon," has a video. Nick Middleton directed the clip, in which the band visits the Buxton Raceway. Watch it below via Stereogum (who premiered it), followed by the band's U.K. tour dates.
The album is the follow-up to 2015's excellent O Shudder. A previous press release said the band took "musical inspiration from Kate Bush's The Red Shoes, Low-era David Bowie, some other slightly-less fashionable records belonging to their dads, and the eastern European techno discovered by [composer and bass player Robin] Richards while working in Ukraine this year."
Vocalist and lyricist Duncan Wallis previously had this to say about the album's title track: "The song has a simple message: to be content with who you are. If you need help with that, then don't be ashamed or frustrated. If other people appear to be doing a better job at being you than you then it means that that's not you. And that's okay too.... As soon as recording began, it felt like the perfect response to the feelings of abandonment we'd been harboring recently. We see it as the perfect distillation of everything we set out to achieve on the new record."
Dutch Uncles Tour Dates:
01 March - Edinburgh, Electric Circus
02 March - Newcastle, The Cluny
03 March - Leeds, The Wardrobe
04 March - Nottingham, Bodega
06 March - Birmingham, Hare and Hounds
07 March - Sheffield, The Plug
08 March - Oxford, O2 Academy2
09 March - Bristol, Fleece
11 March - Brighton, The Haunt
12 March - Southampton, Talking Heads
13 March - London, Village Underground
15 March - Manchester, Dancehouse Theatre
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey