Watch: Flaming Lips Collaborate With Phantogram
A New Song on during the 24-Hour Concert Series
Yesterday, Flaming Lips became the proud owner of a shiny new Guinness World Record when they performed eight concerts in 24 hours. During their city hopping, they hooked up with a series of (heady) fwends, including Phantogram, who joined the band at their Biloxi, Mississippi to perform new collaboration, “You Lust.” Check out their ethereal, 11-minute performance below. Impressive, since each concert yesterday clocked in at a mere 15 minutes.
Get More: O Music Awards
Bonus, here’s what frontman Wayne Coyne had to say (via press release) about their whimsical jaunt into the record books:
To be able to pick up this silly drinking book-- after all, Guinness is a beer-- this funny book that when I was growing up was a curiosity. To be published alongside the man who ate 22 pounds of his own boogers, beside the woman with the longest toenails or perhaps even to be published beside an individual who has had maybe 1000 cockroaches stuffed into their ears... that, to me, would be one of life's absurd joys.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf