Watch: Gossip - “Get a Job” Video
Gossip have premiered a new video for their track "Get a Job." Taken off the band's latest studio album A Joyful Noise, the Price James-directed clip depicts the band inhabiting a collection of ads in a newspaper's classified section. According to the band the song "is about all the rich kids we knew when we were younger, kids who never had jobs but always had money for partying or getting their hair done. We would come home from our fast food jobs in greasy clothes and they would have spent all their parents’ money on handbags and vodka."
In addition to the video the Olympia-based trio made a list of some of the real-world jobs they've held in the past, and "some we'll probably have again the future."
Custodian at the Evergreen State College
Mail order at K Records and at Kill Rock Stars
I'm a farmer now and there's no money in it
Dishwasher at a German retirement home
Condom store employee
Dildo salesperson (this is real and was actually different than the condom store)
Bud’s Discount Warehouse
Puff’s $12 Zoo
A&W Hot Dogs
King’s Den Hair Dressers
Mrs. Powell’s Cinnamon Rolls
Black Cat Coffeehouse
I ran a hair salon out of my house
I can’t even remember all the jobs! Nathan called me the professional job destroyer
- CHVRCHES Working on Third Album with Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (News) — CHVRCHES, Dave Stewart, Eurythmics
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock