Watch: Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples, and Sean Lennon Perform on “The Colbert Report”
Cover John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War is Over)"
Last night Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report closed out their broadcast year with a heavyweight holiday performance by Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples, Sean Lennon, and the Harlem Gosepl Choir. Together the artists joined for a faithful rendition of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's beautiful carol "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." Audio of the performance will be on sale on iTunes, with proceeds going to the Rockaway Waterfront Alliance.
It little coincidence that Tweedy and Staples came together for the set, as both have returned to studio to work on the follow-up to their 2010 collaborative album You Are Not Alone.
Click below to watch the performance.
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- by:Larm Announces a New Wave of Artists to Play the 2015 Festival (News) — By:Larm 2015, Beatrice Eli, CVLT, Kid Astray, Soft as Snow, Sondre Justad
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz