Watch: Kate Bush - “Misty”
Let It Snow
On her much praised new album 50 Words for Snow singer/songwriter Kate Bush includes a 13-and-a-half-minute song about having a romantic relationship with a snowman (just go with it). To provide some visual aid to already unusual concept, Bush recently posted a small video including a portion of the song. The claymamtion clip, entitled, "Mistraldespair" depicts a woman woken in the middle of the night as her icy lawn decoration climbs into bed with her. As strange as it is, the music actually makes the whole scene quite sad, as the poor snowman begins to melt as soon he starts to make his move. Check it out below.
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band