Watch: Liars - “Pro Anti Anti” Video
Releasing their new album Mess earlier this spring, L.A.'s Liars have debuted a brand new music video for their single "Pro Anti Anti." Providing an interesting commentary on the shelf life of art, the visual sees band members Angus Andrew and Aaron Hemphill visit the 3D technology company Direct Dimensions to have their faces scanned and made into colorful busts. Once completed however, both pieces are melted down in an excellent time lapse. Talking to Nowness, who premiered the video, Andrew says "It’s the idea of not taking anything too seriously or at face value. Maybe what becomes interesting about technological possibilities is what happens if you mess it up. The same applies to the way we made music with computers for the record: we did exactly the opposite of what the manual told us to do, because that’s when the really interesting stuff happens.”
Click below to watch.
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band