Watch: Liars - “Pro Anti Anti” Video
Releasing their new album Mess earlier this spring, L.A.'s Liars have debuted a brand new music video for their single "Pro Anti Anti." Providing an interesting commentary on the shelf life of art, the visual sees band members Angus Andrew and Aaron Hemphill visit the 3D technology company Direct Dimensions to have their faces scanned and made into colorful busts. Once completed however, both pieces are melted down in an excellent time lapse. Talking to Nowness, who premiered the video, Andrew says "It’s the idea of not taking anything too seriously or at face value. Maybe what becomes interesting about technological possibilities is what happens if you mess it up. The same applies to the way we made music with computers for the record: we did exactly the opposite of what the manual told us to do, because that’s when the really interesting stuff happens.”
Click below to watch.
- Documentary Now! Season 2 (Review) — Fred Armisen, Bill Hader
- Solange Knowles Announces New Album for Release This Friday, Features Blood Orange (News) — Solange, Blood Orange, Moses Sumney, Sampha, Q-Tip, Tweet, Kelly Rowland
- Peter Doherty of The Libertines Announces New Solo Album, Shares New Song (News) — Peter Doherty, The Libertines
- Watch: The Pretenders - “Holy Commotion!” Video (Produced by Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys) (News) — The Pretenders, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch The Lemon Twigs Perform “These Words” on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” (News) — The Lemon Twigs, Foxygen, Jonathan Rado, Questlove, The Roots