Watch: Mumford & Sons and Bobby Womack Play “Jools Holland”
Savages Also Perform
With their sophomore album Babel selling over 600,000 copies in its first week, giving it the best opening of any record this year, Mumford & Sons jumped back across the pond last night to making a special appearance as a musical guest on Later ... with Jools Holland. Bathed in a lot of dark blue light, the UK folk group marched through a rendition of their track "Whispers in the Dark." Also making an appearance were up-and-coming punk group Savages, as well as Bobby Womack, the latter of which featured Damon Albarn in his supporting band. Click below to watch the clips.
Mumford & Sons - "Whispers in the Dark"
Savages - "Husbands"
Bobby Womack - "Please Forgive My Heart"
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band