Watch: Richard Hawley - “Down In the Woods” Video
Standing at the Sky's Edge Out Today
Today, UK artist Richard Hawley has followed-up his critically acclaimed 2009 album Truelove's Gutter with his newest full-length effort Standing At the Sky's Edge. In conjunction with its release, Hawley has debuted a music video for one of the album's standout tracks "Down In the Woods." Like some kind of rogue broadcast against an oppressive regime, the clip helps channel the song's lyrical message, which came about as a reaction to one of the UK coalition government's first pieces of proposed legislation: an attempt to sell-off ancient woodlands. Click below to check out the video, as well as an interview with Hawley going through a track-by-track discussion of the album.
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Real Estate, London Grammar, 2:54, and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, 2:54, Jessie Ware, London Grammar, Real Estate, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The History of Apple Pie, How to Dress Well, Christopher Owens, Cass McCombs
- Aphex Twin Announces “SYRO” Listening Parties (News) — Aphex Twin
- My Favorite New Band: Sondre Lerche on Verdensrommet (Interview) — Sondre Lerche, Verdensrommet
- John Lennon’s Killer Apologizes (News) — John Lennon
- Listen: Patrick Carney’s Theme Music For “BoJack Horseman” (News) — The Black Keys