Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- TV on the Radio Announce New Album, “Seeds” (News) — TV on the Radio
- Ramona Lisa – Charilift’s Caroline Polachek on Recording in Unusual Places (Interview) — Ramona Lisa, Chairlift
- Dance of Death: The Life of John Fahey, American Guitarist (Review) —
- Stream Beck’s “Song Reader” (News) — Beck
- Listen: Sufjan Stevens - “A Little Lost” (Arthur Russell Cover) (News) — Sufjan Stevens