Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- Watch of Montreal Have a Fantastic Dance Party in “it’s different for girls” Video (News) — of Montreal
- Adam Olenius of Shout Out Louds Streams Debut Solo EP, Shares “Feels Like Feels Right” Video (News) — Adam Olenius, Shout Out Louds
- Still Corners Announce New Album, Share Video for “Lost Boys” (News) — Still Corners
- Watch St. Vincent Perform a New Song Dressed as a Toilet at a Benefit Concert for Jasper Johnson (News) — St. Vincent, Father John Misty, Rufus Wainwright
- Watch: Underworld - “Nylon Strung” Video (News) — Underworld