Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- by:Larm Announces a New Wave of Artists to Play the 2015 Festival (News) — By:Larm 2015, Beatrice Eli, CVLT, Kid Astray, Soft as Snow, Sondre Justad
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz