Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- How to Dress Well Announces New Album and Tour, Shares Video for “Lost Youth / Lost You” (News) — How to Dress Well
- Watch: Ryley Walker - “The Roundabout” Video (News) — Ryley Walker
- The Radio Dept. Announce New Album (News) — The Radio Dept.
- Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living (Review) —
- Watch: Flock of Dimes (Wye Oak’s Jenn Wasner) - “Semaphore” Video (News) — Flock of Dimes