Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- Brian Eno to Score New Sci-Fi TV Series for Amazon, “Strange New Things” (News) — Brian Eno, Kevin Macdonald
- Listen: Big Thief - “Humans” (News) — Big Thief
- The Monkees Share Lyric Video for “She Makes Me Laugh,” Written by Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo (News) — The Monkees, Weezer
- Sally Shapiro Break-up, Share One Last Single, “If You Ever Wanna Change Your Mind” (News) — Sally Shapiro
- Stream the New Album by Julianna Barwick - “Will” (News) — Julianna Barwick