Watch: Sigur Rós - “Varūð” Video
Skip to my Lou, my Darling
Continuing to match beautiful music with compelling visuals, Sigur Rós have unveiled yet another installment in their ongoing "Mystery Film Experiment." Following Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir’s interpretation comes director Ryan McGinley's take on "Varúð," following a golden-haired young lady as she literally skips her way around New York City.
For those just tuning in to the creative enterprise, the Icelandic musical artists commissioned a dozen fillmmakers to create music videos for any track off their most recent album Valtari. Provided with the same, modest budget, the idea was to "bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people [the] utmost creative freedom." So far the experiment has produced additional videos for "Fjögur píanó," "Rembihnútur," and two takes on "Ég anda."
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey