Watch: Stephen Malkmus Covers Can’s “Ege Bamyasi”
Celebrating Album's 40th Anniversary
This year marks the 40th anniversary of Can's influential krautrock album Ege Bamyasi. Last weekend Stephen Malkmus honored the impact the record had on his musical upbringing by performing the record in full at the Week-End Fest in Cologne, Germany. Backed by local Cologne band Von Spar for the event, Malkmus had the opportunity to meet Can members Jaki Liebezeit and Irmin Schmidt, as well as the daughters of the late Michael Karoli.
The festival apparently filmed Malkmus' set and is making plans to release the show as a full-length concert film. Portions of the night have incidently found their way on online with Pitchfork.tv. Click below to watch.
"One More Night":
"Pinch" and "Soup":
- Watch: Tegan and Sara - “U-turn” Video (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Listen: Mutual Benefit - “The Hearafter” (News) — Mutual Benefit
- Listen: The Mountain Goats - “Summer” (War Cover) (News) — The Mountain Goats
- Listen: Baio (Vampire Weekend’s Chris Baio) - “Don’t Fight Fate” (News) — Baio, Vampire Weekend
- Listen: Fear of Men - “Sane” (News) — Fear of Men