Watch: Stephen Malkmus Covers Can’s “Ege Bamyasi”
Celebrating Album's 40th Anniversary
This year marks the 40th anniversary of Can's influential krautrock album Ege Bamyasi. Last weekend Stephen Malkmus honored the impact the record had on his musical upbringing by performing the record in full at the Week-End Fest in Cologne, Germany. Backed by local Cologne band Von Spar for the event, Malkmus had the opportunity to meet Can members Jaki Liebezeit and Irmin Schmidt, as well as the daughters of the late Michael Karoli.
The festival apparently filmed Malkmus' set and is making plans to release the show as a full-length concert film. Portions of the night have incidently found their way on online with Pitchfork.tv. Click below to watch.
"One More Night":
"Pinch" and "Soup":
- Mew Announce New August North American Tour Dates (News) — Mew
- Feist, Bob Dylan, and Thievery Corporation to Play Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (News) — Festival International de Jazz de Montreal 2017
- CHVRCHES and Kristen Stewart Share New Version of “Down Side of Me” for Planned Parenthood (News) — CHVRCHES, Kristen Stewart
- The War on Drugs Announce Fall North American and European Tour Dates (News) — The War on Drugs
- Watch Gorillaz Perform “Let Me Out” with Pusha T on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (News) — Gorillaz, Mavis Staples, Pusha T, Stephen Colbert