Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Cass McCombs (Interview) — Cass McCombs
- Premiere: Yeasayer - “Cold Night (Dirge Version)” (News) — Yeasayer
- Watch: Blood Orange - “I Know” Video (News) — Blood Orange
- Pussy Riot Announce New EP, Share Disturbing Video Imagining a Donald Trump Presidency (News) — Pussy Riot
- Watch: Glass Candy Share Creepy Video for “Halloween” (News) — Glass Candy