Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Watch U2’s The Edge and Adam Clayton Surprise Join U2 Cover Band on Stage at Fansite Party (News) — U2
- Jesse Eisenberg on “The End of the Tour” (Interview) — Jesse Eisenberg
- Watch Mark Ronson and Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker Cover Queens of the Stone Age (News) — Mark Ronson, Tame Impala, Queens of the Stone Age, Miike Snow, Kirin J Callinan
- Wet Hot American Summer: Michael Showalter (Interview) — Wet Hot American Summer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, Michael Showalter
- I Am Chris Farley (Review) —