Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Watch First Trailer for “Song to Song,” Terrence Malick’s Austin-Set Music Industry Drama (News) — Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Terrence Malick, Natalie Portman, Michael Fassbender
- Jens Lekman (Interview) — Jens Lekman
- Watch: Laura Marling - “Next Time” Video (News) — Laura Marling
- Listen: Karen Elson - “Call Your Name” (News) — Karen Elson, The Black Keys
- Listen: Parquet Courts Share New Version of “Captive of the Sun” Featuring Bun B (News) — Parquet Courts