Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Frank and Lola (Review) —
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Her New Song “Trump’s Nuts Roasting on an Open Fire” (News) — Fiona Apple
- Watch: TOY - “Another Dimension” Video Clear Shot (News) — TOY
- Everything Love Is (Review) —
- Marfa Myths 2017 Lineup: Weyes Blood + Perfume Genius and “Stranger Things” Score Live (News) — Connan Mockasin, Perfume Genius, S U R V I V E, Weyes Blood, Cate Le Bon, Jenny Hval, Julia Holter