Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Watch: tUnE-yArDs – “Water Fountain” Video (News) — tUnE-yArDs
- Watch: Beck Cover Arcade Fire’s “Rebellion (Lies)” At Coachella (News) — Arcade Fire, Beck
- Listen: Röyksopp and Robyn – “Do It Again” & “Every Little Thing” (News) — Röyksopp, Robyn
- St. Vincent and The Black Keys to Perform on Saturday Night Live (News) — St. Vincent, The Black Keys
- Premiere: The Toxic Avenger- “Chase II” (News) — The Toxic Avenger