Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (News) — Leonard Nimoy
- Watch: Dutch Uncles - “Decided Knowledge” Video (News) — Dutch Uncles
- This Week in Geek: Blade Runner 2, Alien 5, and Arrow/Flash Spin-Off (News) — DC Comics
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, With Built to Spill, Death Cab for Cutie & Will Butler (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Premiere: Broken Twin – “Glimpse of Time (Live)” Video (News) — Broken Twin