Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Premiere: Choir of Young Believers – “Face Melting” Video (News) — Choir of Young Believers
- Premiere: Tellef Raabe – “Dear Aphrodite (Hasta’s Beach Club Mix)” (News) — Tellef Raabe
- Beach House Announce New Album, “Depression Cherry,” for August 28 Release (News) —
- Listen: Disclosure - “Holding On” (Featuring Gregory Porter) (News) — Disclosure
- Baio (Vampire Weekend’s Chris Baio) Announces Debut Album and Releases Song, “Brainwash yyrr Face” (News) — Baio, Vampire Weekend