Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Blood Orange Releases New Album Early, Shares “Augustine” Video (News) — Blood Orange
- Watch Tegan and Sara Be Interviewed by Charlie Rose and Perform on His Show (News) — Tegan and Sara
- Watch: The Strokes - “Threat of Joy” Video (News) — The Strokes
- Back in the Day (Review) —
- The Stone Roses at Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England, Friday June 17, 2016 (Review) — The Stone Roses, The Coral, Public Enemy