Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Watch Tame Impala Perform “The Less I Know the Better” on “The Late Show with Colbert” (News) — Stephen Colbert, Tame Impala
- Father John Misty Comments on His Taylor Swift/Ryan Adams Covers in New Interview (News) — Father John Misty, Ryan Adams, Taylor Swift
- Stream the New Album by Small Black, “Best Blues,” in Full (News) — Small Black
- Stream the New Solo Album by Chris Walla (ex-Death Cab for Cutie), “Tape Loops,” in Full (News) — Chris Walla
- Garbage - Shirley Manson on the 20th Anniversary of Their Debut Album (Interview) — Garbage