Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Listen: Girls Names - “Zero Triptych” (News) — Girls Names
- Watch: Outfit - “New Air” Video (News) — Outfit
- Watch: Passion Pit - “Lifted Up (1985)” Video (News) — Passion Pit
- Apple and Beats Music Developing New Streaming Service, Trent Reznor to Help Update iOS Music App (News) — Trent Reznor
- Listen: Villagers - “The Soul Serene” (News) — Villagers