Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- St. Vincent Does New Song, “Everyone You Know Will Go Away,” For David Byrne’s Color Guard Show (News) — David Byrne and St. Vincent, St. Vincent
- Watch Courtney Barnett Perform an Acoustic Version of “Depreston” as a Web-Exclusive For Fallon (News) — Courtney Barnett
- Get to Heaven (Review) — Everything Everything
- Justice League of America #1 (Review) — DC Comics
- Watch: Suede, Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals, and Other ‘90s British Bands at Glastonbury 2015 (News) — Belle and Sebastian, Gaz Coombes, Paul Weller, Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals, Suede, Supergrass