Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Watch: Elizabeth Olsen Covers Rilo Kiley (News) — Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis
- Latest Doctor Who Trailer, Plus DVD Release of Season Premiere Announced (News) — Doctor Who, Doctor Who 50th Anniversary
- Premiere: Dissolve - “Statement” MP3 Stream (News) — Dissolve
- Listen: Halls Covers Cat Power’s “The Greatest” (News) — Halls
- Fred Armisen Wants Your Number (News) — Fred Armisen