Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Premiere: SUNS - “Weak (Skunk Anansie Cover)” (News) — Skunk Anansie, SUNS
- Pink Floyd Detail New Album, “The Endless River” (News) — Pink Floyd
- Listen: The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - “Summer of Dreams” (News) — The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- Encyclopedia (Review) — The Drums
- Watch: The Black Keys on “The Tonight Show” (News) — The Black Keys