Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Jessie Ware, Courtney Barnett, Mew, and More to Play SXSW 2015 (News) — SXSW 2015
- Doctor Who - “Flatline” (Season 8 Episode 9) Analysis (Review) —
- Listen: Dutch Uncles – “In N Out” (News) — Dutch Uncles
- Spoon Announces Tour Dates (News) — Spoon
- Peaking Lights – “Everyone and Us” Video (News) — Peaking Lights