Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Listen: Korallreven – “Limitless” (News) — Korallreven
- White Bird In A Blizzard (Review) —
- Watch: Interpol Play “All the Rage Back Home” on “Jools Holland” (News) — Interpol
- Premiere: Beezewax – “Tomorrow” Album Stream (News) — Beezewax
- Watch: CHVRCHES – “Under the Tide (Alternate Version)” Video (News) — CHVRCHES