Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Gardens & Villa - Chris Lynch on Their New Album, Advice for Young Musicians, and Overcoming Shyness (Interview) — Gardens & Villa
- New U2 Album “Still Planned for This Year” (News) — U2
- Watch: These New Puritans - “Island Song” Video (News) — These New Puritans
- Listen: Arcade Fire Cover Prince’s “Controversy” Live (News) — Arcade Fire
- Premiere: Tying Tiffany –“DROP” Album Stream (News) — Tying Tiffany