Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Animal Collective Announces New Album, Shares “FloriDada” (News) — Animal Collective
- Girls Names Share “Reticence” Video, Announce Tour Dates (News) — Girls Names
- Listen: Choir of Young Believers - “Serious Lover” (News) — Choir of Young Believers
- Watch Blur Perform “This Is a Low” in a New Clip from “New World Towers” Documentary (News) — Blur
- CHVRCHES Share Bedtime Mix Featuring Brian Eno, My Bloody Valentine, and More (News) — CHVRCHES