Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Radiohead Share Video for Brand New Single, “Burn the Witch” (News) — Radiohead
- Watch: Adult Jazz - “Earrings Off!” Video (News) — Adult Jazz
- Watch: Dinner - “Lie” Video (News) — Dinner
- Watch Iggy Pop Fight For His Young Wife in the Trailer for Indie Thriller “Blood Orange” (News) — Iggy Pop
- Watch: Amason - “I Want to Know What Love Is” (Foreigner Cover) Video (News) — Amason