Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- St. Vincent Made a Mixtape for an 11-Year-Old Girl on Her First Beats 1 Show for Apple Music (News) — St. Vincent
- Watch: Modest Mouse - “The Ground Walks, With Time in a Box” Video (News) — Modest Mouse
- Listen: Beach House - “Sparks” (News) — Beach House
- Bat-Mite #1 (Review) — DC Comics
- Mew Guitarist Bo Madsen Has Left the Band (News) — Mew