Watch: Stephin Merritt Performs “Andrew In Drag”
Explains Origin of Song
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt has a history of being a bit unresponsive and surly during interviews, but there's no denying the guy's chops as a songwriter. Recently sitting down with CBS News Merritt used a ukulele to play a solo rendition of "Andrew In Drag" off the band's most recent album Love At the Bottom of the Sea. According to Merritt, the song was the result of a night of heavy drinking, with him waking up to a notepad of lyrics and melody that somehow managed to survive the blackout. Check out the performance by clicking below.
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Alt-J, Tweedy, JJ, The Rosebuds, and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, Alt-J, Chance the Rapper, J Mascis, jj, The Rosebuds, Speedy Ortiz, Tweedy, Music Go Music, Marissa Nadler, Cymbals Eat Guitars
- Trailer Roundup: Mad Max: Fury Road, Plus: Insterstellar, Birdman, Sin City & More (News) —
- Premiere: Wolvves — “Home” (News) — Wolvves
- Doctor Who Season Premiere Will Play In Theaters Nationwide (News) — Doctor Who
- The Flaming Lips Will Perform “Transmissions of the Satellite Heart In Its Entirety (News) — The Flaming Lips