Watch: Surfer Blood - “Demon Dance” Video
Security Guard Daydreams
Poised to release their sophomore LP Pythons on June 11, Florida guitar-fuzz enthusiasts Surfer Blood have put together a new music video for their recent single "Demon Dance." Directed by Malia James of the Dum Dum Girls the clip features frontman John Paul Pitts a a lonely security guard who falls in love with a beautiful woman who comes looking for her purse in the lost and found. Following their brief encounter, what ensues next is a series of hazy daydreams that put the two together at prom, working out at the gym, and enjoying a day at the beach, as well as a bunch of other random scenes featuring the whole band.
In an interview with Rolling Stone bandmember Thomas Fekete says, "The video was shot over the course of two days in an abandoned JC Penney on the outskirts of L.A. ... Anyone who grew up in Florida will tell you that shopping malls were a big part of their childhood. During a recent visit to our hometown, we decided to revisit a few of those places. Needless to say, they were much uglier than we remembered." Click below to watch. (via Rolling Stone)
- CHVRCHES Working on Third Album with Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (News) — CHVRCHES, Dave Stewart, Eurythmics
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock