Watch SXSW Panel Featuring Performances from Spoon’s Britt Daniel and Arcade Fire’s Will Butler
Superchunk's Mac McCaughan, Nada Surf's Matthew Caws, Big Star's Jody Stephens, and Marshall Crenshaw Also Took Part
SXSW 2015 may have been many months ago, but a video was just posted online of the full "I Wrote That Song" panel. The panel featured from Spoon's Britt Daniel, Arcade Fire's Will Butler, Superchunk's Mac McCaughan, Nada Surf's Matthew Caws, and Marshall Crenshaw as they all discussed their songwriting process. They each performed a song or two as well. Butler did "Take My Side," from his recent solo album, as well as a new untitled song. Daniel performed Spoon's "Rainy Taxi." McCaughan did "Lost Again," Caws performed "Friend Hospital" and "See These Bones," and Crenshaw did "Grab the Next Train" and "Cynical Girl." Big Star's Jody Stephens happened to be in the audience, and, while he wasn't part of the discussion, he got up to perform "Thirteen" and "For You." Karen Glauber of Hits magazine moderated the panel. You can watch the whole hour-long thing below.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern, Daniel Clowes & Craig Johnson on ‘Wilson’ (Interview) — Woody Harrelson
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days