Watch: The Flaming Lips - Cover “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” with Wilco’s Nels Cline
Also Preview Tracks From Bon Iver, Erykah Badu Collaboration
At this point The Flaming Lips need to just set up a direct feed into the Under the Radar news room, as they seem to just continue to do something of note almost every week. This time around it's footage posted of the band with Wilco's Nels Cline, performing a 17-minute rendition of The Beatles' classic "I Want You (She's So Heavy)", professionally filmed during the group's big New Year's Eve Freakout in Oklahoma City. In case you missed it, Wayne Coyne and friends have also been sharing snippets of their upcoming collaboration with Bon Iver and Erykah Badu (and Ke$ha) set for release on Record Store Day, April 21. A number of the previews can be heard over at Pitchfork, as well as few behind the scenes videos and photographs of their time in the studio.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern, Daniel Clowes & Craig Johnson on ‘Wilson’ (Interview) — Woody Harrelson
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days