Watch: The Flaming Lips and Sean Lennon Cover The Beatles on “Letterman”
Perform "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
Throughout the week the Late Show with David Letterman has been celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Beatles appearing on The Ed Sullivan Show by having its musical guests play covers from the Fab Four's catalogue of songs. Last night The Flaming Lips, joined by John Lennon's son Sean, performed an absurdly fitting rendition of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," complete with raining glitter, glowing tubes, and Wayne Coyne on a pedestal looking like a shimmering peacock. Click below to replay the performance.
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco