Watch The Flaming Lips Perform “Sun Blows Up Today” in New Super Bowl Hyundai Commercial
On Super Bowl Sunday Hyundai will broadcast a special commercial featuring The Flaming Lips performing their recently debuted new song "Sun Blows Up Today." In the 60-second ad Wayne Coyne and the band magically appear at typical family breakfast inspiring an outing that includes skateboarding, freeing petting zoo animals, and challenging tough-looking bikers.
Click below to watch the TV spot. The Lips' forthcoming new album The Terror is scheduled for release on April 2.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf