Watch: Tricky - “Does It” Video
Trip-hop pioneer Tricky will soon release his tenth studio album False Idols on May 28. Leading up to the record's arrival, the UK artist has premiered politically and culturally charged music video for his single "Does It." Featuring Tricky engaging in his signature spoken word vocals, the clip is interpersed with images and footage of violent protests and war. In an interview with Rollng Stone Tricky says that the whole thing was "literally was done in two hours in my apartment. I'm a happy guy, but I know where this comes from. I've seen a lot of violence since I was six or seven years of age. No one's saying anything anymore. This pop-star stuff, it's played out. That's for teenyboppers – eight-year-olds that can be manipulated. There's no Kurt Cobains around at the moment."
Click below to watch.
- Check Out Photos of Laura Marling in Oslo, Norway (News) — Laura Marling
- Bill Murray and Sofia Coppola Reteam for Christmas Special with Jenny Lewis, Phoenix, and More (News) — Bill Murray, Jenny Lewis, Phoenix
- Watch: Full “Game of Thrones: The Musical” Featuring Coldplay, Game of Thrones Cast, and Liam Neeson (News) — Coldplay, Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage
- Listen: The Cure’s Robert Smith Covers The Twilight Sad’s “There’s a Girl in the Corner” (News) — The Cure, The Twilight Sad
- Check Out Photos of San Fermin at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (News) — San Fermin