Watch: Tricky - “Does It” Video
Trip-hop pioneer Tricky will soon release his tenth studio album False Idols on May 28. Leading up to the record's arrival, the UK artist has premiered politically and culturally charged music video for his single "Does It." Featuring Tricky engaging in his signature spoken word vocals, the clip is interpersed with images and footage of violent protests and war. In an interview with Rollng Stone Tricky says that the whole thing was "literally was done in two hours in my apartment. I'm a happy guy, but I know where this comes from. I've seen a lot of violence since I was six or seven years of age. No one's saying anything anymore. This pop-star stuff, it's played out. That's for teenyboppers – eight-year-olds that can be manipulated. There's no Kurt Cobains around at the moment."
Click below to watch.
- Tortoise Announce First New Album Since 2009, Share “Gesceap” and Announce Tour (News) — Tortoise
- Joanna Newsom Announces First U.S. Tour in Five Years and Theatrical Screenings of “Divers” Video (News) — Joanna Newsom
- Win a Vinyl Prize Pack From Iceland Airwaves (News) — Iceland Airwaves 2015
- Holding Hands with Jamie (Review) — Girl Band
- Courtney Barnett to Release New Jack White-Produced Single, Shares Boys Next Door Cover (News) — Courtney Barnett, Jack White