Wayne Coyne, Peter Gabriel, Nick Cave, & More Contribute to Album Art Book
Collector's Edition Shows Creativity of Music Packaging
Collector's Edition, a new book by Stuart Tolley, showcases the creativity in media packaging. Several copies of the book were given to musicians and artists to decorate as they wish, including The Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne, Nick Cave, Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel, and more.
The book itself is full of examples of graphic design and creativity in the burgeoning market of collector's editions and limited releases in music, books, and film. Tolley has compiled a collection of photographs of work from designers like Irma Boom, Alec Soth, and Stanley Donwood, who has worked with Radiohead since 1994.
The artists have created special collector's editions of a book about collector's editions. But if that's too meta, head over to the official website for clarification and information on how to get your hands on a copy. The artist designed editions will be auctioned off for the Alzheimer's Society.
- CHVRCHES Working on Third Album with Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (News) — CHVRCHES, Dave Stewart, Eurythmics
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock