Yo La Tengo to Sell Hannukah Show Mixes for Sandy-Affected Norton Records
Available Digitally for Next 24 Hours
Coinciding with their annual Hannukah residency at Maxwell's in Hoboken this year, Yo La Tengo are offering up a special 24-hour sale of mix CDs gathering selections from Ira Kaplan, Georgia Hubley, and James McNew's personal record collections. The money from each purchase will go directly to aid Norton Records which lost almost all of its stock and archives in its warehouse when Hurricane Sandy struck Brooklyn.
Each mix will be available as a digital download for $10.
Down below you can watch a video capturing the damage inflicted on Norton and their recovery efforts. You can also make a donation here.
- Wish I Was Here (Music from the Motion Picture) (Review) — Various Artists
- The Rentals Announce U.S. Tour Dates (News) — The Rentals
- Jenny Lewis’ “The Voyager” Gets its Own Wine (News) — Jenny Lewis
- Watch: Lana Del Rey – “Ultraviolence” (News) — Lana Del Rey
- Watch: Temples Stop By “The Tonight Show” (News) — Temples