Yo La Tengo to Sell Hannukah Show Mixes for Sandy-Affected Norton Records
Available Digitally for Next 24 Hours
Coinciding with their annual Hannukah residency at Maxwell's in Hoboken this year, Yo La Tengo are offering up a special 24-hour sale of mix CDs gathering selections from Ira Kaplan, Georgia Hubley, and James McNew's personal record collections. The money from each purchase will go directly to aid Norton Records which lost almost all of its stock and archives in its warehouse when Hurricane Sandy struck Brooklyn.
Each mix will be available as a digital download for $10.
Down below you can watch a video capturing the damage inflicted on Norton and their recovery efforts. You can also make a donation here.
- Watch: Mikal Cronin - “Say” Video (News) — Mikal Cronin
- Willis Earl Beal Announces New Album, “Noctunes,” Shares “Flying So Low” (News) — Willis Earl Beal
- Highlights (Review) — Tanlines
- Watch: Django Django - “Shake and Tremble” Video (News) — Django Django
- Check Out Photos of St. Vincent at the Orpheum in Madison, Wisconsin (News) — St. Vincent