Batman Vol. 7: Endgame
Sep 11, 2015 Issue #54 - August/September 2015 - CHVRCHES
Scott Snyder's run on Batman might not get any better than it does in Batman Vol. 7: Endgame. Collecting issues 35-40, Endgame sees The Joker return to Gotham with one mission only—kill Batman. The gloves are off. The jokes have ended. What's left is pure, animalistic vitriol, and The Joker will not stop until Batman is dead.
This is the ultimate tale of Batman versus The Joker, the one fans have been waiting for (whether they knew it or not). One man against the other, both mired in the odd psychology that binds them, each willing to do whatever it takes to stop the other. Their fight is as savage as it has ever been and will ever get. And though other heroes and villains make appearances, Endgame is undeniably about the most fundamental antagonistic relationship in the Batman mythos.
What's further great about this volume, is that it doesn't rely on the reader's up-to-date-edness. Though the book refers to events that took place in other recent arcs, anyone can pick it up and follow along. And every Bat-fan who does will love it. (www.dccomics.com)
Author rating: 8/10
- Listen: Gorillaz - “The Apprentice” (Featuring Rag’n'Bone Man, Zebra Katz, and RAY BLK) (News) — Damon Albarn, Gorillaz, Rag‘n’Bone Man, RAY BLK, Zebra Katz
- Beach Fossils Share New Song “Silver Tongue” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Beach Fossils, Our First 100 Days
- How to Dress Well Shares “Strong Enuff (Sheryl Crow Cover)” for Anti-Trump “Our First 100 Days” (News) — How to Dress Well, Our First 100 Days, Sheryl Crow
- Ty Segall Shares “Break a Guitar” Video Feat. Fred Armisen, Jack Black, and Henry Rollins (News) — Ty Segall
- HAIM Share Another Drum-Tastic Teaser Video Promising Something Is Happening on Thursday (News) — HAIM